Not only are we racing together here - we won the mother/daughter division!
1. Emily started racing because she had no money and I had no one to race with. One year for my birthday she gave me several coupons to cash in for races with her. She did it as she was poor and I was always whining about no one to race with. Well as you probably know before the year was out......she was hooked.
2. Emily gives great presents. (See above) She does an outstanding job on stockings. One year for Christmas she gave me the gift of being a character in a book. She had been at a charity auction and this was one of the prizes. You got to be in a book and she bid on it to give it to me. The author was a Vermont author that I read so I was beyond excited!
3. She was a vegetarian for a few years. It began after we were in Maine a couple of times eating dinner on a deck while watching a tuna being sliced, diced and chopped every which way. She is no longer a vegetarian but I still don't think she eats tuna.
4. Em was good at many things. When she joined the swim team it was something she did not excel at like everything else she had tried. But she didn't give up. She had a great coach and now all those years of swimming on a team make her quite a good swimmer in the tri world where many people seem intimidated by the swim.
5. Emily loves clothes especially if they come from Lululemon. Somehow she got me loving their stuff too even though I think the prices are ridiculous.
6. Emily ran track in her junior year of high school. She did the longer distances and made it to States. She was going to go out for cross country in the fall but stayed on the swim team instead. I wonder if she ever wishes she had raced more in high school.
7. Emily hates hates hates snakes. I am afraid I may have had something to do with this. But she must be braver than I because she has moved "south" where there are more of the critters and less cold to keep them away.
And the really good # 7 is that in about 7 more days she will be here for Christmas!