Not only are we racing together here - we won the mother/daughter division!
1. Emily started racing because she had no money and I had no one to race with. One year for my birthday she gave me several coupons to cash in for races with her. She did it as she was poor and I was always whining about no one to race with. Well as you probably know before the year was out......she was hooked.
2. Emily gives great presents. (See above) She does an outstanding job on stockings. One year for Christmas she gave me the gift of being a character in a book. She had been at a charity auction and this was one of the prizes. You got to be in a book and she bid on it to give it to me. The author was a Vermont author that I read so I was beyond excited!
3. She was a vegetarian for a few years. It began after we were in Maine a couple of times eating dinner on a deck while watching a tuna being sliced, diced and chopped every which way. She is no longer a vegetarian but I still don't think she eats tuna.
4. Em was good at many things. When she joined the swim team it was something she did not excel at like everything else she had tried. But she didn't give up. She had a great coach and now all those years of swimming on a team make her quite a good swimmer in the tri world where many people seem intimidated by the swim.
5. Emily loves clothes especially if they come from Lululemon. Somehow she got me loving their stuff too even though I think the prices are ridiculous.
6. Emily ran track in her junior year of high school. She did the longer distances and made it to States. She was going to go out for cross country in the fall but stayed on the swim team instead. I wonder if she ever wishes she had raced more in high school.
7. Emily hates hates hates snakes. I am afraid I may have had something to do with this. But she must be braver than I because she has moved "south" where there are more of the critters and less cold to keep them away.
And the really good # 7 is that in about 7 more days she will be here for Christmas!
This was a really good list. And I didn't know any of it...except maybe the lulemon thing.
Love this list!
Great post! Especially love the book gift, what a great idea.
How fantastic to be a character in a novel! That is a really great present!
Being a character in a book must be awesome. You have a most excellent daughter!
Great post. You've got a wonderful daughter and even more special as a running parnter and so to be tri partner.
Great post, you two are cute. I love that she gave you a race partner for your birthday!
Fun list! A few things I did not know. :)
awww, this was really cute to read :)
my bread turned out okay ... i wasn't really a fan of it so i won't use that recipe again. thanks for asking :)
I'm with Liz. I think getting the gift of being a character in a novel is such a great idea. Now I'm curious about the character - psycho grade school teacher with a propensity to kill off her best students?
That book gift is really cool! I also want to hear more about the character!
You two are so great together, I agree that is pretty much the coolest gift ever!
Couldn't agree w/ you more on Lulu stuff. Sure I love it but holy $$$.
Have a great Christmas together!
A very good list. It is wonderful that you run (and win) together and that she will be home for Christmas.
Post a Comment