- I love the Christmas season but it is a hectic time for sure. I am trying to do some Christmas projects and still work and still work out and it is tricky! I went to the gym today not wanting to be there even one little bit. I gave myself permission to take an early walk break and keep my speed lower than I have been lately. Once I started though I could see it was going to be okay. I was able to do my workout as usual with no problem. Maybe it was knowing I had "permission" to change it up but it went off without a hitch. I'm still reading - Forward Momentum is Your Friend. It is a great book! I love the author's sense of humor and his relationship with his boys.
- This weekend I ran a 10 miler and a 6 miler. That is the most miles I have done in a weekend in quite some time. T and I caught up on a lot of happenings in each others' lives. The weather was a little cold but bearable. Life is good.
- Saturday my husband and I went up back and got our tree. It was rather tall (not trimmed) so we used the top. Every year I think our tree is the best one yet and that still goes for this year. Amazing how that happens.
- Yesterday the hubby and I went shopping together. He is a speed shopper so I didn't get too much done but I found one gift I really liked. Problem is when I got home I dropped the bag and it broke. It was completely my fault and I was rather upset with myself. But a friend went back to the store and got me another one. It was not an expensive item but it was still a careless thing to do.
- This morning when I checked my email I saw that Marathon Guide had charged my credit card. At first I thought??? but as I went on reading I saw that it meant I GOT INTO THE CHERRY BLOSSOM 10 MILER! Emily got in too!!! I can't wait!
- Also thanks everyone for the kind words and advice on OWS. See, now I even know what the initials are for. Tomorrow I swim again and I'm sure it will be better than last week.
20 hours ago
It is amazing any of us has any energy left for exercise.
I sincerely believe Xmas trees are getting better every year, as it should be.
In our family I am the fast shopper.
You are SO good, all the way around! I am feeling really discombobulated this Christmas season - I haven't gotten anything done. Maybe we need to see a photo of the best tree yet???!!! :-)
Yes I agree...we need a pic of the tree :)
Great job on the long runs this weekend! It is so hard to keep everything going this time of year.
Congrats on getting into Cherry Blossom...that's such a beautiful race.
Yea! You guys both got in! :)
You're ahead of me on working out for sure. It's been all racing, no training...and little rest. It has definitely caught up with me.
I'm glad you got the broken gift replaced, but that still stinks. And while I'm no speed shopper, my husband could browse forEVER.
You need to take a pic of the tree, we must see the best tree ever! :) We don't have ours up yet, and honestly, I'm not sure we even are....we may celebrate xmas in February this year as we'll have more finances then (hopefully). I still feel manic nevertheless!
Bummer about the broken gift, that's no fun, but thankfully it wasn't too pricey!
Cherry Blossom sounds like a pretty race ... :)
Would love to see your tree. Mine is just a little bitty life plant in a pot. :)
I do the same thing when I'm not feeling like getting out and exercising. I allow myself a shorter route or a less intense workout and invariably once I get going I just do it.
Great running weekend you've had Andrea!
How cool that you are going to run the cherry blossom 10 miler. Saw some pics of that this year and I think it's an awesome run.
"...went up back and got our tree." Now that is what I call doing a Christmas Tree right!
congrats on getting into cherry blossom!
Congrats on getting into Cherry Blossom!
Some nice runs there! This year we have two smaller trees. Don't know how that happened at all but it's all good.
Love the Santa header!!
Nice running on the weekend, and congrats on getting into Cherry Blossom!
I'm excited for you and Emily to run Cherry Blossom. I've never done it but maybe someday. My gym does teams that I could sign up for but never have. It is always the weekend of Joey's birthday so I never know if I'll be able to schedule it easily.
Joey is a speed shopper too. He prefers to do his Christmas shopping alone so we both set out separately this past Saturday to do some shopping. It was better for me so I could linger when I wanted to and shop where ever I wanted.
Congrats on the Cherry Bloom - that should be fun. I love you love that distance. My hubby hates to shop so it all falls on me but luckily I don't have a lot to do this year.That's a lot of miles - what are you training for???
Congrats on getting into the Cherry Blossom! Exciting :)
PS - I don't know why the wooden spoon stops the water from boiling over but I have tried it, both on a pot of pasta & a pot of potatoes, and it works! Try it :)
YAY Cherry Blossom!!! I am in too!! :)
Post a Comment