1. I lost a follower on the day of the breaking elephants post. It certainly wasn't about running but was it that bad?
2. Sunday I ran on our coldest day yet. It was 4 degrees and my face was mighty cold. I'm just not used to it yet and I was happy to do only "8" miles rather than the maybe 10 I had in my head.
3. I had told my students about the first broken elephant last week. I updated them on Monday and I'm sure they were impressed with my coordination and brains. They probably went home and told the story and there are parents calling the principal as I write this to switch their children to another classroom.
4. I have a very sweet foster grandmother (from the foster grandparent program) who volunteers in my classroom 3 times a week. I could hear her laughing heartedly as I was telling the story. Perhaps she isn't so sweet.
5. Okay, I'm moving on past the elephants.
6. I registered for a race on January 1 to start out 2012 the right way!
7. I stayed home sick one day this week. Hate feeling lousy especially now when I have so much to do.
8. These days the series I am watching is NCIS. It's a good one.
9. I'm rereading Jodi Picoult's Vanishing Acts. Also good.
10. The day I was home sick I played a lot of Words with Friends. I responded almost immediately each time my phone binged. Today I'm already way behind again.
11. Tomorrow (Thursday) is the last day of work before vacation. All teachers should get triple pay on the last day of work before vacation even though it is a fair thing to say there won't be a whole lot of learning going on.
12. I swam today since I missed it Tuesday. I didn't feel great but if I can get to work I can do something I enjoy too. So I went swimming and I went to my staff party. In fact I was one of the last to leave my staff party.
13. Enjoy these last days before Christmas and have a great holiday!
19 hours ago
Ummm, I may have laughed a bit at your elephant travails...so I guess I'm not so sweet either. :)
I'm always behind on Words with Friends...and I do a lot of losing. :-/
You're such a trooper. For me, I find much more ability to push through for a race or training than for regular life. I know my husband can't figure out how I can get up early to race when I'm too tired for whatever else might be expected of me. :)
I know what you mean about not much teaching going on the day before Christmas. You're almost there!!
I must confess. I too laughed at the elephant. I mean really--how does that happen?
We got out of school last Friday! I've been able to enjoy it immensely, although I am certainly not rubbing it in! :)
The weather has been great here in Walla Walla...low 30's. I'll take it!
Enjoy your break and get well soon!
I loved your broken elephant post so i don't think you lost your follower over that. I lost one too this week - maybe the same person?
I lose followers all the time and I just think: didn't I write enough stuff? Ya know, since I can't stand to post more than once a week! Ha.
I thought long and hard about your elephant when I went shopping for my 12 year old for a gift exchange in his class - he had to buy for one of the girls and decided on a really cute Japanese girl piggy bank - in ceramic!!! He will have to put it in his backpack and bike to school and I was just picturing it going the way of the elephants...
Hopefully lots of bubble wrap, some newspaper and a good stern lecture about being careful will prevent any mishaps??? We shall see...
Oh, and you too - have a very merry Christmas! enjoy your holidays!
That photo is just gorgeous.
Your elephant post was one of my favourites! Have a lovely Christmas.
Can't wait to hear the final chapter in the elephant story after Christmas.
I wish I was getting Christmas break...ah to be in school again or be a teacher :) Enjoy your time off.
So, what you are telling us is that teachers are the only people who actually do work on the last day before vacation or a major Holiday? This is good to know.
No sarcasm intended. My friends usually lament the day even though most of them end up getting off early. Apparently the sheer boredoom of doing nothing is a real downer.
I thought your elephant story was pretty humorous and was glad you shared it with your readers. :)
I was wondering why you suddenly were playing words with friends as soon as I played a word. We almost got through an entire game in one evening... I was playing as soon as my phone alerted me too.
True confession, I laughed a little at the elephant thing too. I loved that you are wrapping all of them up though, can't wait to hear how that goes over!
Hope you are feeling better and have a great Christmas!
Wow ... you can remember when you lost ONE follower. I seem to lose them all the time. I guess it means I'm really offensive or uninteresting. I really don't try to offend anyone, so I guess it's the latter. Hmmm? I have really enjoyed your blog this year - best wishes in 2012!
How do you keep track of # of followers?!? I would never notice... Unless I lost like most of them. Maybe it was someone who deactivated their google friend account? You never know. Or maybe they deleted that feed place for your blog but copied the URL to somewhere else to feed it from? I dunno. I would doubt it was one post related though.
You have to admit the elephant drama was funny! :)
Uh oh I'm behind on posts and apparently missed out on something controversial! I'll be catching up now.
Being sick is the pits, hope you're feeling better soon!
I am a wuss for weather colder than about 25...I can deal with it up to that point but below that give me the treadmill.
My parents were AMAZING. No "what were you thinking", no yelling, just support. Including support as I made the mistake of marrying a jerk. They let me make my mistakes and did what they could to help me make the best of it. I only hope I would be as good in such a situation.
Glad that the day sick was only one!
A great way to start a running and swimming 2012
Post a Comment