Friday, November 19, 2010

Two Days worth of being thankful

Missed yesterday!  I had too much going on.  This will be short too.

Thankful Day 18
I am thankful for our woodstove which gives off such wonderful heat!  Presently I am the one getting home first to make the fires and I must say I am also thankful for my husband making it easy for me.  The wood is near the door ready for me to bring it in. The kindling is all cut and ready.  Throw in the newspaper. Add the kindling and the wood.  Voila! Warm fire to sit and read by, blog by, eat by, veg out by!

Thankful Day 19
I am thankful for bargains! Tonight I paid nothing for a new book at Borders.  First I had a coupon I printed off the web. That took 33% off. Then I mentioned to the clerk that I had received a $10 voucher on line to use.  She checked it out, handed me the book and told me I owed nothing!  Score! Then I went to Bath and Body which I have not been to in quite awhile. But it is holiday season and vanilla bean noel is my favorite scent.  I bought 3 lotions, then got 3 shower gels free.  I had spent $30 so I got $10 off with  a coupon.  This was combined with a coupon where I got an item free which will be a great gift. In fact I bought 2 more and used another coupon to get another free item.  (It wasn't time for the coupon yet but the clerk let me use it anyway!)

Now I need to go finish Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  Emily has finished the second one and assures me she will bring it home for me to read at Thanksgiving.  I love it that Emily is in a reading time. Neither one of my kids is the voracious reader I am but they both get into reading spells and I love it when they do!

Tomorrow I am going to walk with T. Yes, walk.  It is the precursor to returning to running!

12 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Bargains are awesome - but FREE.is.even.better!!!

Pahla said...

Oooh, a return to running?? Soon, I hope!

Chris K said...

Running! Yes! I am currently reading Girl with the Green Tattoo. It's good! BTW, Meg challenged me to post some ugly pictures of Del Mar, Ca. She lives about 5 miles from me. I took her on. I cannot turn down a challenge.

Char said...

My Grandmother used to have a wood stove and it was the most wonderful thing in Winter. It provided heat and really yummy cakes.

Jennifer said...

I had a wood stove at my Place in CT (near West Cornwall) It was our only heat for the house, I loved it, the smell and sounds of the crackling fire. I miss it! Oh boy! A return to running, lets keep that positive energy going!

Lindsay said...

look at you and your coupons!! love scoring a good deal :)

Johann said...

Wood stoves are great! Good luck with the walking and running again. I really hope it all works out fine.

Fran said...

How do you like girl with the dragon tattoo? I loved it and could hardly put it away when I was reading it.

I've read another book of Celeste de Blasis but didn't find it as good as The proud breed. I've read this book a few times and every time, including this time, I cry a lot at what's happening.

Liz said...

If you do try a run, good luck! Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

HappyTrails said...

Ok, sending you happy thoughts for tomorrow (and happy body-parts-n-pieces!), sending you happy thoughts for tomorrow, sending you happy thoughts for tomorrow....... :-)

Carly said...

Ohhh that is a great bargain! I love finding deals like that too.

Good luck on your attempt to run. I am in the same boat.

Ewa said...

Wood stoves are wonderful. I love the smell of burning wood.
I finally got library notice that Girl with the Golden Tattoo is mine to read. That was a long wait. Hope it was worth it.