Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful Day 14

Chowing down on cake.  I do love cake!  This is my brother next to me.
Tonight I am thankful for an improved relationship with my brother.  It wasn't so much that we didn't get along as we didn't take the time to be together. I had tried several times but gave up when it didn't happen.  He has had some major health problems which is what precipitated the time together now. I have gone to some of his appointments with him and tried to be there for him. I am very proud of him and the things he is doing to improve his health.  Tonight was his son's wedding and I loved being there to share it with him.

13 comments:

Ewa said...

sometimes family relationships are the most difficult ones to manage. Glad you are getting closer to your brother.
BTW, that cake must be really good, your brother looks like he would want some too.

HappyTrails said...

Chocolate cake - delicious.
Relationship with your brother - priceless.

Chris K said...

Hi AJH. Very nice. Good for you.

Amy said...

That's really nice. I like the picture too - he is enjoying watching you enjoy your cake!
Thanks for the tag - maybe I'll work on it during my long layover (5 hours) in Chicago next Friday!

Liz said...

Nice post. Cake looks good too!

Christina said...

Enjoy your cake. I love cakes too and lucky for me, I don't like icing. :)
Relationship with your brother - yay!

misszippy said...

I love this...you're a great sister!

Char said...

Congratulations to your nephew. It's great that your relationship has improved. Family is important.

Katie A. said...

Just getting caught up! LOVE reading all your thankful posts ;)
Choco cake is one of favs and one of my downfalls. Glad you got to enjoy yours at a wedding with your bro.
Have a good rest of your weekend!

Molly said...

Great post. Thanks for the tag! Gotta work on my answers.... : )

LMC said...

Good for you for trying again with your brother and for being there for him now. Those are not easy choices. You are special! BTW, I just read your previous thankful posts. It was a treat to read those posts. You really do have much to be thankful for. Hope your heel is getting better!

Lindsay said...

mmm cake. congrats to your nephew! glad things have improved between you and your brother. family relationships are important!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome you made the effort and opened yourself to rekindle your relationship with your brother. Not always easy to do!
And yes, cake is good!