Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful Post 8

I NEVER have good titles but I am really sinking yet lower with this repetitive thankful thing.  I will have to see if I can change it up some.

First I am exhausted!  I got home last night not too much before midnight and did not go right to bed.  Then I got up early this morning - very early - to unpack and make my lunch.  I did NOT do my stretches and am not sure I will tonight either.  I had a great weekend but I knew I would pay today!  I didn't do too badly at work.  No children are going home scarred for life because their teacher was grumpy reserved.  (Someone told me today I look reserved.  Perhaps that is code for grumpy.)   I did get to the gym after school and got my elliptical workout in.

Okay here we go.  I am thankful today for all of my bloggy friends.  I really feel connected to so many of you.  I love reading about your lives of running, family, friends, work and all.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your comments on my posts!  Emily and I chatted about how much fun blogging is and the very real connection and friendships that you build!  We have some of the very same favorite blogs!  She helped me get going with Google Reader which I had not explored yet.  Blogging is also a connection to my daughter in yet another way as she lives 100s of miles from home. Would she tell me everything she puts in her posts?  Maybe not just because it may not occur to her or there may not be time but I get yet another window into her life in DC and I love it!  So this part is a thankful a little more about loving blogging but really it is all of you I am thankful for! (And of course meeting bloggy friends in real life is just the icing on the cake.  This year I got to meet 5 of you.  I hope to increase that number next year when I get back into racing and running!)

Thank you for all your comments, support and back and forth on our blogs!

One more DC picture

13 comments:

Darlene said...

I feel the same about blogging. Sometimes I think I know about some bloggers' lives than my family & friends.

Ewa said...

I love bloggy community too.
It is amazing that you got on the elliptical even though you were tired and 'reserved'. This is not my favorite exercise and I don't have to be tired to find excuses not to do it. Thank goodness it was nice today so I could run.
You can always title your posts Thanks #9, 10 and so on... :)

Amy said...

That is funny, we picked the same thing to be thankful for! As you know, I completely agree with you - that is one of the main things I love about blogging, the connection to other people! And it has definitely added another dimension to my relationship with my mom, just like you and Emily.

Marlene said...

YAY for bloggy love. I am blown away by how close and connected I feel with many of my blog buddies. I have met a good handful in person by now and each time I feel like we have known each other for years. It's a wonderful thing!

Anne said...

I agree...bloggy friends are a bonus in my life too! We must find a way to meet in 2011 :)

Claudia said...

I love the blog Community. It has brought so much into my life.

Emz said...

I'm so happy you included the "one more DC" photo because it rocks. I love it.

This community is unlike any other. It makes my day [every day].

Lindsay said...

I am so glad to have my blog friends too! :) hmm titles. I struggle with them too. How about song lyrics with thank you in them? Haha see, not good either.

Katie A. said...

I totally agree with not being able to have a good title each time!
And I'm the same with blogging - I enjoy it tons! And there are some (hint-hint) that I make sure I check in with on a regular basis because some how you feel connected to them.
Glad you and Emily had a nice weekend! I have a great time with my mamma, too!
Hope the week starts to look better!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you too :)


PS- I suck at titling too!

Kevin said...

Great blog. Keep up the great work.

Kevin
Halftriing.blogspot.com

Pahla said...

I'm with you 100% on this one - LOVE my bloggy friends!!!

Julie said...

The blogging family is wonderful for sure!!