Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Good Running Partner is NOT Hard to Find

Today I am thankful for my running partner, T.  

She is up for anything.  Right now I am running very slow. Does T complain?  Not one bit. I am always slower than she is so I must seem  like molasses right now!

This summer when I wasn't running and I switched to biking, what did T do?  She switched to biking right along with me!  That is a good running workout partner!

T on the causeway!


Riding together playing the gorilla pod.

I need to go 10 miles. T goes 10 miles with me.  I need to run 15 miles. T goes 15 miles.  I need to do a pace workout for 10 miles and I don't want to talk.  T comes along and  doesn't talk.  






This spring T decided she was never going to be able to run with me unless she raced.  She really doesn't like racing.  But what did she do?  She began to race more!  



Racing this spring - both these pics.  The day of the lower one
it was cold, rainy and windy.  And I do mean cold.





I can't say as running in various weathers bothers me too much.  T prides herself on going out no matter what.  Once again - a match! (We both rethought this going out no matter what thing this fall.  Although the rethinking pertained to the bike.  We got seriously cold on one ride and realized,"Yes, there is a limit to what we will happily endure!")
Taken today - back running  together - yeah!


She is  a good friend to talk to and share things with.  We both lead busy lives and sometimes we are out of  state and don't get to run together.  But it is certainly a better run when we do!

27 comments:

LMC said...

Nice tribute to T! You are lucky to have such a great workout partner. I'm sure she appreciates you too! Have a great week!

Pahla said...

Love this post!

Alyssa said...

If only we could all have a partnership like you two have. So great!

justme said...

i don't have a running partner, i need one.....

RunningWhit said...

Isn't it great when you find the perfect running partner! I'm glad that you both have found each other and can share in your training together.

Jill said...

Nothing beats a great friend like that. You are very blessed!!

Char said...

T stands for Treasure. She's perfect!

Tortuga_Runner said...

You're very lucky. Jealous.

Christina said...

What a wonderful friend. You are soooo lucky!

Katie A. said...

You are one lucky pair ;) I need me a T!

Fran said...

You're so lucky to have a friend like T. But I also bet she will say the same about you!

Great that the both of you are such good working out partners.

Liz said...

She sounds fantastic. Lucky you!

Anne said...

How lucky you are to have T :) ...it's so nice to see you running again!

HappyTrails said...

Luckily I found a good running partner too! Looks cold there - keep warm and enjoy being "back on your feet"!!!

Georgia Snail said...

T = Terrific!!! I was sad when I moved away from Savannah and left my running buddy Cubbie...

Pining for Pinterest said...

That is such a nice post to your running partner :) Have a great week!

Lindsay said...

What a great friend and dedicated workout-partner! You are both blessed :)

Marlene said...

It sounds like you have the perfect running/cycling/racing/training companion AND friend!

Giorgio said...

What a beautiful photo of you while you were running! In the third photo I can see a wonderful fall landscape.

Happy running!

Heidi said...

Aww, this is a beautiful post dedicated to your friend. I recently found myself a perfect workout match and it's awesome. She is much like your T.

Jenn said...

You are one lucky lady to have a friend like that! How fun! Love the pics!

Amy said...

You are lucky to have such a great friend and running partner! And I loved your Thanksgiving pictures - you have two gorgeous kids!

Johann said...

That is wonderful! May you spend many more running and biking hours together!

Molly said...

It's great to have someone to run with, makes the miles fly by!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have the perfect running buddy!

Fruit Fly said...

Such a sweet post! :)

kizzy said...

It's really good to have a running partner...Good luck!!!

--I prefer running without shoes. My toes didn't get cold. Besides, if I'm in front from the start, no one can step on them. ~Michelle Dekkers - saucony running shoes