Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful Day 15



If you have been following me for awhile you know that I have not been running (that will be changing soon) because of PF. I have been doing stretches morning and night (well in all honesty I had recently only been doing them in the a.m. but was convinced today to resume the twice a day with throwing what stretches I can into other parts of my day.)  Anyway I have been getting up about 30 minutes earlier to do these and I am not a morning person.  BUT I have found them palatable for two reasons.  One is West Wing which I watch as I am doing them.  I am near the end of the 6 out of 7 seasons so at some point I will have to choose my next tv obsession.  But that is only one part of the equation that makes these morning exercises not so bad.  Here goes

Entertaining DVDs + Coffee = A Happily Stretching AJH at 5:30 a.m.

Today I am thankful for coffee!  I love the stuff.  I prefer - hugely prefer flavored coffee but will drink ordinary coffee in a pinch!  Coffee rocks my world!  If I am starving and trying not to overindulge in all that my brain craves - coffee can fill the void.  It is often my post afternoon workout treat.  I love coffee drinks (my Starbucks crack) but it is really just plain old flavored coffee that I want and need.  I am a loyal Vermonter and my favorite brand of coffee is Green Mountain Coffee of course!



  There's hazelnut, French vanilla, rain forest nut, caramel vanilla creme, mocha nut fudge and on and on.  The last requirement which is actually as important as the flavor is that the coffee is steaming hot!  No luke warm or reheated coffee for this coffee loving woman!  It needs to be steaming hot right out of the pot!
When traveling I can't get my beloved GMC a Starbucks 
with my girl works just fine!

Plus I am  - ahem  - not watching the weight quite so
closely when I visit Em and a "few" of
those higher calorie coffee drinks cross
my lips!

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha! West Wing, I loved that show and watched every episode, I had completely forgotten about it until now. Happy to hear you are getting closer to running again!

Jill said...

I think I'm the only one on the planet who does not drink coffee. Bleh! Crossing fingers our treatment went well today :).

MCM Mama said...

I wouldn't get up in the morning if there wasn't coffee in my world. ;o)

Ewa said...

I love my coffee hot too but without any additional flavors and without sugar, just some milk or cream and I am happy.

HappyTrails said...

Straight.Black.DARK.Coffee ~ my world at 5:30 AM. Love my beans, and loyal to local roasters but Starbucks is always consistent. Nothing worse than getting duped into a local coffee house and paying $$$ for Folgers - yuck. There you have it, I'm a coffee snob :)
S

Katie A. said...

I heart coffee, too! Seriously, I drink a pot at home all day, and if it's a particularly bad day - 2 pots!
All the Sbux around me know my drink - and there are few around! Is that bad? Hmmm...wonder where I can find some of that Green Mountain coffee...
Glad to hear running will make a return soon! Keep up the good work!

Char said...

I am thankful for coffee every day.

Johann said...

Yay for coffee! I'm thankful for coffee as well. Getting up jut to stretch needs serious dedication. But if that is what will get you running again, no problem. DVD's + Coffee is definitely the way to do it!

Julie said...

Cheers to good coffee! I also enjoy my coffee in the morning:) I need it to function and I have my favorites that I switch up every few days. The only thing that sucks is that I don't like the cheap drinks.

Have a wonderful day and take care!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I am so very thankful for coffee. But I am a Dunkin Donuts girl all the way!

Amy said...

I love coffee after a workout too!

christa said...

You know I love coffee too, GMC delivered to my house for my Kurig (best shower present ever). French Vanilla is my favorite, followed by Golden French Toast, Pumpkin Spice, Island Coconut,Vermont Country Blend. I could keep going. Love Starbucks too Peppermint Mocha Latte, is the best! In a pinch I can go for Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla, especially iced in the summer. And to think before I met Travis, I didn't drink coffee, now I'm an addict...

Marlene said...

You are DEDICATED to be up early and stretching before work... I hope it all pays off!

You know, I have never been a coffee person. Sometimes I feel like I am missing out...

LookingUpAgain said...

Congrats on getting up early to stretch. I'm glad it's working out for you. I, sadly, cannot stand to drink coffee. It makes me shake like an addict going through withdrawal. That's probably because I have to put so much cream and sugar in the cup to make it drinkable. So....I've stopped trying. I'll stick to tea and leave the coffee to those of you that love it. Enjoy :)

Fran said...

I love my coffee too! We have an espresso machine at home for a few years now and my coffee is the best compared to family and friend's coffee.

Can you believe we have only about 4 Starbucks here in Holland? I wish there were more, love it.