Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful Post # 20

Today I am thankful for.............. the sock sale!

Hm..you are thinking.  That AJH needs to get a life.  Yeah I would think that too. The first time one of my friends told me about this sale and how fun it is I thought the same thing. It took a few years to convince me to go but I have now gone 3 of the last 4 years.  Cabot hosts the sale for the "Deer hunting widows" to have something to do.

It's a great chance to buy local!  Cabot, a third-generation sock maker, is vociferous about his commitment to keeping his family business in Vermont. When the company faced financial difficulty in the early 2000s, Cabot leveraged his business savvy, his house and hosiery expertise to create Darn Tough Vermont, a premium performance sock brand. Since then, the brand’s support from core outdoor enthusiasts and supporters of American-made products has propelled it to the top of the market.

 I'm not a deer hunting widow but I went with two friends I work with that I haven't been able to spend much time with. So it was a chance for a ladies day out as much as anything.


But once there I decided I might as well buy what I could, right?  If you spend 100 dollars you get 10% off.  You're now thinking - 100 dollars on socks, I don't think so!  Well, believe me it is not that hard.  You've got that niece you just don't know what to get........how about some Darn Tough hiking socks for her next trip up Mt. Mansfield?  And pick up those skiing socks everyone swears by for your nephew.  Those co workers you want to give a little something to......well who doesn't need or like socks?  Looking at that holiday list you can check several people off!
People crowded the Darn Tough tables. It was 
hard to find a medium.  Small and large
were in abundance!

This is what I came home with!


I had so much fun buying socks that I feel a giveaway coming up. Stay tuned.

A teaser of the give away to come.

12 comments:

Pahla said...

Oh, my! That's a heckuva sock sale - I'd be thankful for one of those, too!

Katie A. said...

You are sooo right! I don't know how people can blog everyday! More power to them! But I am loving catching up on all your thankful posts ;) Those socks are great!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Julie said...

I need to find a sock sale like that one! My favorite pair of socks is a pair that I won from MCM Mama months ago...I wore them to several half marathons and my full:) I need new socks and can't wait for the sock giveaway!

Molly said...

how fun, I love socks, the big thick rag wool kind. My husband is allergic to wool, but someone always gets him a pair for Christmas, so I get them!

LMC said...

In fall and winter, I wear socks all the time because my feet are always cold. I like thick, warm socks. The ones in your pix look perfect. Great gift idea!

Christina said...

That's a whole bunch of socks!
I actually told me boyfriend that if his momma asked what to get me for Christmas, I just wanted socks. Running socks. I love socks!
They are practical. Fits almost anyone's budget. Perfect gift!

HappyTrails said...

Darn Tough makes some GOOD socks. Did not know you were so close to them. Don't wear wool quite as often running, but on the bike - nothing but wool!

Lindsay said...

LOL. yeah socks are good for those people you feel you should get SOMETHING for but don't know what.

Marlene said...

I love socks! I would be all over this.

Amy said...

Great post on socks! I love good socks and it's my husbands favorite thing to buy at our local market.

Ewa said...

These look so warm. I am thinking now we will need new socks for our winter outings into the mountains for skiing and snow shoeing. Yep, I can see myself spending $100.

Fruit Fly said...

I love it! Every year when we go back to work after Black Friday I always hear the horror stories of people going crazy over the socks. I even know of a girl that was essentially knocked over into the big sock bin during a frenzy!