Today I am thankful for having a job, a job that I like a great deal most of the time. Here are some of the things I love about my job.
1. 8/9 year old kids are the best!
2. It is NEVER boring.
3. Every day, every hour, every minute is different......
4. There are many ways to be creative as a teacher.
5. You get paid to read books to kids!
6. You get to choose the books you are reading to kids.
7. When you see these kids out in public they make you feel like a rock star.
8 Great colleagues to work with, many of whom are good friends outside of work.....
9. You learn to appreciate differences in people.
10. It forces you to attempt to keep up with technology.
11. Many holidays off (yet there are many we work that people can't believe we work on, maybe it is Vermont)
12. The chance to be part of a different community......
I had added things I didn't like about my job but then decided that didn't feel very thankful so it is gone. I will include a picture of the current read aloud in my class. It is an excellent book for some thoughtful discussions around various moral issues. Next I am going to read Lassie, Come Home to make some connections! And I'm not a dog person! My all time favorite read aloud for kids is yet another dog book! (Kavik the Wolf Dog) Did I just post about this?
When I googled Shiloh all I got was pictures of Brad Pitt's kid.
So not what I was looking for!