Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful Post # 17

Whew! Those of you who always blog every day.  How do you do it?  This is hard!

Today I am thankful for having a job, a job that I like a great deal most of the time.  Here are some of the things I love about my job.

1. 8/9 year old kids are the best!

2. It is NEVER boring.

3. Every day, every hour, every minute is different......

4. There are many ways to be creative as a teacher.

5. You get paid to read books to kids!

6. You get to choose the books you are reading to kids.

7. When you see these kids out in public they make you feel like  a rock star.

8 Great colleagues to work with, many of whom are good friends outside of work.....

9.  You learn to appreciate differences in people.

10. It forces you to attempt to keep up with technology.

11. Many holidays off (yet there are many we work that people can't believe we work on, maybe it is Vermont)

12.  The chance to be part of a different community......

I had added things I didn't like about my job but then decided that didn't feel very thankful so it is gone.  I will include a picture of the current read aloud in my class. It is an excellent book for some thoughtful discussions around various moral issues.  Next  I am going to read Lassie, Come Home to make some connections!  And I'm not a dog person!  My all time favorite read aloud for kids is yet another dog book! (Kavik the Wolf Dog)  Did I just post about this?

When I googled Shiloh all I got was pictures of Brad Pitt's kid.  
So not what I was looking for!

12 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

If I was to log the hours spent on the blog as part of my training, they would be very high, that's for sure...

Fruit Fly said...

I like the "rock star" one. I've been out of school for longer than I care to admit, but even now when I see my former teachers out and about I immediately text all of my girlfriends to tell them. I mean teachers aren't supposed to have non-school lives, are they?? ;)

Jill said...

I bet if I spent all the time I do in blog land to instead train, I might actualy be super thin :). I'm not sure how people write daily either - I'm two a week max. Anyhoo...TEACHERS ROCK!!! :)

Amy said...

You've done well - I've haven't managed to get a thankful post in every day.

Teamarcia said...

You are a wonderful teacher because you love it so much and vice versa. 8/9 year olds totally rock!

Pahla said...

I used to teach preschool and this would have been my exact list!! I love reading books to kids!

Johann said...

Yay for the teachers! I also don't know how people post every day...not possible for me. My son is crazy about dog books but sometimes skip the parts where anything bad or negative might happen to the dog.

Marlene said...

Sounds like your job is the perfect fit for you. Sometimes I regret not following through with my original plan to be a teacher... I think I would love it.

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

i have found out the exact same thing. as i have taken on this daily gratitude challenge ( from my wife) as well. yesterday was a tough one for me. busy, busy, busy. i think when i am done, i am taking a 2 week holiday from the blogging.

i did not realized you were a teach. it seems a great many of the blogs i follow are from teachers. heart teachers!

Emz said...

Awesome.

#2, 3 & 10. My favorites.

YAY for you teachers!! Awesome.

Unknown said...

I LOVED all the dog books I read in third and fourth grade and I loved THOSE teachers. Those teachers are still my favorites! Keep enjoying your job and try to "ignore" the negatives...I know they exist, boy do I know!!

Julie said...

I always loved it when my teachers read books to us in class. Actually, a few of my favorite books were read by my teachers:) I went out and purchased those books for my own children. I have total respect for teachers....my hats off to you! I have been loving these posts:) Have a wonderful weekend!