Sunday, November 21, 2010

I DID IT! I RAN!

Look at AJH run!


Today I ran!  Yes, you are reading that correctly. Today I ran for the first time in 11 1/2 weeks!  I only went four miles and it was darn slow. But it was pain free and it was running!  My heel still feels great several hours later and I can't wait to do a short run again tomorrow!  I am on my way back! I cannot tell you how much I love this!  I have worked hard to get back to running and I am so glad to be out there!  I plan to take it easy.  But........I am running!
T and I running together! Bright colors because it is hunting season!

This isn't a sign you see in every store window!

Today I read in the Sunday magazine that Jake Gyllenhaal loves to run.  But he couldn't run for awhile because he had severe shin splints.  He used biking as his main form of exercise.  Hello, Jake??? Why didn't you call?  We could have done some rides together and given each other some sympathy!  Taylor wouldn't have cared. (And that statement shows that I read People way too often!



On the way back on our walk
Yesterday T and I walked as that is what I was advised to do before I ran.  I am the perfect patient (seriously) so I did.  Then I hurried home and had no time to stretch.  I hated hated hated thinking I wasn't doing the most I could do for my heel.  When I got home later I went through my whole routine.  Then I could feel better.  Our walk was great!
This is a hill T runs up - seriously steep!
Walking towards T's house

So today I am enormously thankful for being able at long last............to run!


38 comments:

justme said...

wahooooo

Anne said...

This totally deserves a comment! YAAAAAAYYYY!!!!! I am so so so excited for you.

Hmmmmm maybe you can do the Hypothermic Half with me after all ;) :)

Jenn said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! I know how good that feels to get back at it after a long break! Love the pics!

racing dawn said...

WHEEEWWWW HEWWW! So awesome! That speed will come back quicker than you think! So happy for you!

btw - Taylor is way too young for Jake - maybe you two could still talk about things... :)

HappyTrails said...

WooHoo - AJH runs again!!! Who needs Jake???

Pahla said...

HOORAY!! How exciting to be back on your feet! Cheers to many more pain-free miles!

Jill said...

Soooo excited for you - crossing my fingers that the nasty heel issues are a thing of the past!! Geez, I can't believe Jake didn't read your blog - shameful!!
xoxo

Alyssa said...

YAY!!!!!! Great news!

Tortuga_Runner said...

way to get out there!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you're back on your feet!! I'm especially happy that you're so thrilled to be back to running, me too!

Patrick Mahoney said...

That's really good news about the run, well done!

Char said...

I'm so glad you finally got to run and it was pain-free. Yay for you!

Liz said...

I am so happy for you! You have been so patient waiting for this. Just don't overdo it - I say this because I was told to start with only 1 mile, and build up from there, so 4 miles seems like a lot to start with. However, if you are pain-free then great! Good luck for your next run!

LMC said...

Hooray!!! This is great news and it's a treat to read how excited you are about running again! It pays to be a good patient. Here's to many many more pain-free runs!!

Johann said...

Hooray! This is such great news! You’ve been patient and now you get your reward. The cycling was the right way to go. Happy days!

RobinLK said...

Yay!!! For listening to your body. For cross-training. For allowing time to heal properly. For running again *pain-free*... Woo Hoo!

As for Jake, he definitely should've called you! :-)

*hugs* from Orlando...

Happy (safe) running, friend!

Laura said...

WoooHooo!! Congrats.

Ewa said...

I was away for a couple of days and now I am trying to catch up on blog reading. It took forever to get to this blog. I've been hoping to see such a post from you. Congrats! This is such a wonderful news! You are a much better patient than I was. I just had to keep on trying.
Happy running!

Molly said...

Hoooooraaayyyy! I'm so excited for you!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I have been waiting for this post! Yay!

Marlene said...

YAYYYYYYYYYY! Congratulations! So happy for you! And to run 4 miles after the long break is fantastic!

Lindsay said...

Yay!! 4-mi is certainly not what I would have *started* with: all that biking paid off!!

Heidi said...

yay! Congrats on getting out running again. Only 4 miles ... you're funny!

Emz said...

YAY AJH!!

Awesome!! Made me happy just reading the title!!

Darlene said...

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!

RunToTheFinish said...

pain free running, SUHHHWEETT!!! Welcome back

Anonymous said...

yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

LookingUpAgain said...

Yay!!! I'm glad your hard work and patience paid off :)

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Running again? This is great news!

MCM Mama said...

Woohoo!!! So glad to hear you are running again!

HappyTrails said...

Dearest AJH
I posted a response on our blog to your T9 inquiry. :-)

Katie A. said...

Yayyyyyy! I'm seriously excited for you! You are the perfect example of what it means to take the right time and heal corectly. Congrats!
Enjoy your Thanksgivng with all your peeps! Say hey to Em for me ;)

Fran said...

Woohoooooooooooo she ran! Congrats, that must have felt so good for you!

You're a busy lady :lol: Biking with McDreamy and Jake. Guess I'll have to join you then so I can have some too :)

Pat said...

Congratulations! All that 'resting' paid off!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I am SO happy for you - I know how hard it has been for you not to run. Keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to go well!

Julie said...

Awesome news!!! Way to get out there on a run, I am so happy for you! You look great:) Lovely pictures as always!

Suzy said...

Congratulations on making out on a PAIN FREE run!! Happy Thanksgiving.

Fruit Fly said...

No running for 11.5 weeks and you say you "only" did four miles? That's huge! Welcome back to running!