Thursday, December 23, 2010

Not the most ideal conditions - Three Things Thursday edition

T and I encountered three not so ideal things on our run today.


#1 Slush!  There was slush everywhere.  It was slippery, messy, wet and very hard to run in.  And did I say it was everywhere?



#2  A School Bus - yes a school bus!  We were a very short ways into our run when a school bus approached us.  Why I am not sure as there was no school today.  We both stopped and pulled off the road to allow it to easily go by.  HOWEVER the bus driver barreled ahead  at a rapid pace and splashed us.  The spray was hard, wet and plentiful.   We were soaked with most of the run left to do!



#3 Traffic.  Yes, traffic.  Many of you would scoff at what we considered traffic but there were many more cars than we are used to seeing.  This was a week day morning with people were going to work. It was not a good day to be on the road with more cars.

But we are tough and ran 5 miles in these less than stellar conditions.  Fast - no!  But we were out there getting it done!

12 comments:

Char said...

Nasty, nasty, nasty. Nasty weather. Nasty School bus and Nasty traffic. I can't believe you got out into those conditions.

Lee said...

Way to go on getting your run in, despite the weather and road conditions. I've been running in some slippery, sloggy stuff and I keep thinking how much more toning it's adding to my legs!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

sorry about the weather. Merry Christmas regardless!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Hardcore. That's awesome!

Fran said...

Now I know how it's called: slush! We got a lot of that too, I haven't tried to run yet (take the week off from running) but it doesn't look good. I'll see how it goes on Monday.

And tell me about traffic. In Holland we're not used to get a lot of snow and when we get it it's a mess on the highway. Lots of accidents and traffic jams, not nice to drive in it at all.

I wish you and your family a happy Christmas Andrea.

LMC said...

You are tough! Good for you for getting your run done! Merry Christmas!

Pahla said...

You are completely hardcore for getting out there in the slush and splash! Yikes!

Darlene said...

Luckily we only have a dusting & I am driving to find places nearby with sidewalks! You're hard core - Happy holidays!!

Anne said...

Good job getting out there you two!! :)
Merry Christmas and have a great time during the holidays!

Giorgio said...

You did an adventurous run: the icy path and the rainy weather. Moreover, some people who are crazy busy the day before Christmas.

Happy Christmas holiday!

Fruit Fly said...

When I was a kid I would LOVE to ski in the slushy snow. Then I grew up, hit some slush and wondered what the heck was wrong with me back then!

I hope you are all having a fabulous white Christmas!

Lindsay said...

oh yuck! i had a hard enough time dealing with the snow in kentucky last winter. i would never survive anything up north!

merry christmas!!