Thursday, July 11, 2013

Three Things Thursday......Maybe



1. Last Saturday night we drove quite a ways to see a student of mine in a play. It was a long way to go but so worth it.  It was a great play with a lot of kids in it and well done. My student was Chip and did such a good job.  Once she knew we were there (after intermission) she was so excited!  She loved that we came and it made me feel good that I made the effort and took the time. Sometimes it's the small things.
The last time I ran in Portland (I think) was also my last
marathon.  

2.  I got a new camera today.  It was a pain.  I'm still not sold on the whole extended warranty thing yet I got another one with the new camera.  I would have had to buy the camera today and I only had to pay the difference.  I am rough on cameras but I do use them a lot.  Tomorrow I will have to play with the new one and make sure I know how to use it BEFORE I GO TO MAINE THIS WEEKEND!  Why am I going to Maine this weekend? To run in the Shipyard Half Marathon.  It looks like a great race, a well organized race and a fun race but racing (running in my case) 13.1 miles in July???  My friends going with me are more excited than I am and that's because they're not running it! I must say when I look at the course map I think I remember why I signed up for it.  Fun, AJH, have fun. Don't worry about your time!
The course looks pretty sweet.  I'm all about the scenery.


3. Today I ran at home after sleeping rather late. Sleeping late takes a big chunk out of your day. Then I  went to Burlington and biked on the bike path and causeway which I always enjoy!  Tomorrow morning I'll try to get one more swim in this week and then I am done until Sunday and the half.

4. Did I mention that there will be food trucks after the race?  And one of the trucks is a cupcake truck? I think my excitement is building!

13 comments:

Michael said...

Hey you broke the rules, that's four things Thursday (well I guess #4 goes with #2, but still) A cupcake truck? Sounds perfect to me.

Sweet of you going to see your student's play.

Have a great time at the race, don't worry about time and enjoy the scenery!

Kate Geisen said...

That race sounds like it'll be beautiful! Have fun!

Sleeping late has taken up a big chunk of my summer. And yet. It's so delicious.

Johann said...

A cupcake truck?! I love that idea! I really believe that sleeping late is a waste of time. When I want to rest I rather go to bed earlier than sleep late. I think it works better for resting. I hope the new camera gives you lots of fun moments.

Darlene said...

So jealous. The course looks awesome. I almost signed up but now I am glad that I didn't. Enjoy!

EB said...

AHhh, so jealous you are going to Maine! I grew up outside of Portland and would love to run the Shipyard half. Can't wait to see your photos! Have fun and kick some butt!

Alisa said...

Sounds like you're in the full swing of biking for the season, that's so great.

The half marathon in July in the NE, good thing you picked one with good scenery :).

Char said...

That student of yours is never going to forget when her teacher cane to see her play. Those things are important to a kid.

Good luck for your race this weekend. And enjoy that post-race cupcake.

Anonymous said...

Oddly, I am not a big cake fan, but I love cupcakes so the cupcake truck may be the death of me...

FYI, I am back in the blogging business: http://dasmixture.com/

Runner Leana said...

Have a great race!!!

Ransick said...

Have fun at your half tomorrow! Like others have said,enjoy the scenery and that fact that you can run that far.

Christi said...

Mmmm...cupcakes!

Paul said...

That was really nice of you to support your student. I'm sure you being there made the experience even more meaningful.

That race looks great!....as do the food trucks! Looks like a great time coming up!

Get familiar with that camera! PICS ARE GOOD 8)
WE LIKE.



Michelle said...

I'll be running the Portland Half Marathon too!! I ran it last year and absolutely loved it!!! Good luck tomorrow - you will do great!


Please follow me at:
http://run4life262.blogspot.com/