Thursday, May 6, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Looking across Lake Champlain towards New York!
1. I had two workouts at the gym this week and one at my very favorite bike path!!! I haven't been on it since last fall and I was in heaven! I didn't take many pictures because the sky looked so threatening and I didn't want to wreck my camera.  I took a couple quick pics after. Plus I was pressed for time and didn't have any extra for picture taking. I had an appt. and managed to fit in a quick 5 miler before I had to be at work!!! It was the best.  I left my Ipod in the car too as I have wrecked one Ipod from taking it in a rainstorm even though I thought it was protected.  Hah!  Another day I did a speed workout on the treadmill. I hated it but stuck to it. Some of you talk about loving speed workouts.  I don't get it.  Suggestions?? (The appointment was to get my many moles checked out. All was good! :) Always a big relief.)

A great deal of this bike path is near the lake.  It is the best place to run in the world!


2.  I have managed to read a  lot lately. I just finished a book by Joy Fielding that I couldn't put down.  No redeeming qualities whatsoever.  Just a good suspenseful read.  I also read Sue Miller's newest book and liked it fine although I don't think I would bother to read it again.  Now I'm going to start a Nora Roberts.  Maybe it is the stress of work lately - way too much to do and way too little time to do it - students who have checked out already - is why I am reading such relaxing/non thinking books at home.

3. We have had lots and lots and lots of rain this week but at least during a couple of the storms we had some great rainbows.

28 comments:

Monica said...

I too love mindless books ex. Danielle Steele. It's getting close to that time to dust off my library card. The end of May is right around the corner. I'm giddy with excitement. When do you get out of school?

misszippy said...

What great training territory you have! I'd love it.

Char said...

Reading and running - my two favourite things. It's all about escapism!

Darlene said...

so scenic - I love the lake views. I can't wait to get to Lake George this summer

I Run for Fun said...

Beautiful pics again! You have the most fabulous running routes. LOL! I understand too well about mindless books. There was a time I was so crazy busy at work, all I could read was PG Wodehouse and Alexander McCall Smith.

Ewa said...

I somehow never realized you live near Lake Champlain. We spent one summer vacation there ages ago. Can't even remember exactly where. What a beautiful place this is. Rainbows make it even more pretty.

Anne said...

Beautiful pics...love the rainbow!
Mindless reading is a great way to relax...enjoy!

BTW, I've been wanting to mention how much I like your new header photo :)

Jocelyn said...

how fun to have a nice trail to bike on. Those views are great! i didn't realize you live near Lake Champlain. See the monster lately? :D

Amy said...

Beautiful pics! As for the intervals, I used to hate too them but for some reason they grew on me! I like the fact that the constanct switching up keeps my mind busy so it seems to go by fast.
I haven't gotten much reading in with my workshops but now they are done, I have to finish my stack from the library - will be posting reviews soon!

Michelle said...

I love your pictures! Absolutely beautiful! Glad all was well at the dtr appt!

Good luck making it through these last few weeks of school!

Johann said...

Nice running and beautiful pics. I hate speedwork and currently don't do any.

Julie said...

I wish that I had time for reading a good book! I have been sucked in by Blogland:)

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures...I love running by lakes and that rainbow is wonderful:) Have a great weekend!

Marlene said...

Great job on your workouts this week. Hope you get some decent weather on the weekend. Happy Mother's Day!

Tara said...

Drowing yourself in a "non thinking" book is the best way to relax!

I'm glad your doctor appt turns out well!

Pining for Pinterest said...

I love mindless books. That is what I plan to do this weekend for Mother's Day!!!

Molly said...

Hope you have a great Mother's Day....as always, love the photos.

Katie A. said...

I think I would weight 100 pounds if I lived in the beautiful are you do because I would be running ALL THE TIME! I love your pictures!
Great job on the workouts this week, I hope the rain stays away for a beautiful weekend for you :)

LookingUpAgain said...

My students have checked out too! I would be really happy if half of them just played "sick" for the rest of the year.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the rainbow, it made me smile! Have a nice weekend!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I love being outside and being surprised by a rainbow in the sky! Good luck on your 5K! Hope you shine! : )

Sherri said...

Absolutely Beautiful!
Great workouts! Have a great weekend! =)

LMC said...

You're lucky to have "the best place to run"! :) Thanks for sharing the beautiful pix. BTW, I love the new header pic of you! Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day.

HappyTrails said...

Such great views you have for your runs!

chris mcpeake said...

great pics. looks like an awesome place to run

Anonymous said...

The students at my school have checked out too now that state testing is over!

Marathonman101108 said...

Yup, I can relate to students who have checked out...Your pics were nice-wish I could run there. Thanks for commenting on my blog :-)

Alisa said...

Pretty rainbow! With our crazy weather I've been seeing lots of those lately.

As for speedwork, one thing I like to do is take a friend that's faster than me and make them pace me, it's like my own trainer. It helps that almost all of my friends are faster =). I also treat the track like a challenge every time I go. I gear up with some new tunes and use it as my excuse to feel fast (even if I know my speedwork pace is warm up for some) there is something liberating about running at the track or speedwork on the treadmill.

Keri said...

You always have the best photos! I am trying to learn to love speedwork, but it is so hard! I guess it is suppose to be!