Sunday, May 2, 2010

15 K

I'm off to race the 15K.  I guess I can't wuss out since I posted it!  It's supposed to be 80 and to say I am not acclimated is sooo true especially after our snowstorm this week. What a crazy week!

What are my goals?  I want to have fun!  I want to be as low in the 9 pace as I can do.  Last week in the half marathon I was 9:39. I want to be lower than 9:30.  Pie in the sky goal would be in the 8s but that would surprise me!

And T will be picking me up soon to go with me!  Yeah! And she won't beat me in our age group because she is doing the 5K!  Maybe she can even get some pics!

Good luck to everyone racing today!

Plus I registered yesterday for the Summer RoundUp Trail 12K in Colorado. I am very excited about this.  I have only been to Colorado once and it was overcast and gloomy.  I have reconnected with a former work colleague through running.  She also started running later in life!  She also plans to make a hiker out of me while I am there!

Today I plan to register for the Maryland race I mentioned earlier also.  Why doesn't everyone race and get the terrific feeling it brings!!

I LOVE RACING!!!!

14 comments:

Ewa said...

Good luck in those temps. My goodness, what a crazy weather week you had.
Hiking is wonderful but ever so often your legs will just itch to run.

Black Knight said...

Go for a PR, good luck on your race!

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

That is crazy, snow and then 80s! I am a racer too. I just LOVE the feeling the rest of the day, when I'm done. Of course, the morning of the race, when I get up early, I always question my sanity, but after the race.... it's amazing. Hope it was a success!

Anne said...

Good luck with your race!!! That's crazy weather for sure...we've had the same kind of week here too.

Your time is so fast...I know you started running at 50 (like me), what were your times like when you first started? ...and how quickly did you improve? (not to compare really, as I know my asthma is an obstacle...but to get some idea of how someone my age progresses). Thanks :)

Emily said...

Good luck today! Can't wait to hear about it. And as much as I HATE 5ks...it will be fun to do one with you when you visit and I promise I'll bust ass so we can do well in the mother/daughter division:)

Amy said...

Good luck on the race!!!

Anne said...

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions...it definitely helps and is very reassuring :) I have never raced yet...my first ever race is next Sunday (a 10K) and then May 30th is my first half-marathon. I am very excited to see how my pace goes!

Julie said...

Good luck to you! Ican't wait to read your recap:)

Darlene said...

Good luck! It was hot in NY. I love races, too!

Monica said...

I agree about that terrific feeling...if you mean after the race. :) Before the race, i'm nervous and anxious.

Love your new picture!

Lindsay said...

hope the race went well today!

HappyTrails said...

That is cool that you are coming to Colorado and doing a race!! Practice your hills :-) Hope your race went well. Have a great week!

Marlene said...

I love racing too! Hope you had a great one!

Char said...

Good luck with the race. I can't believe your crazy weather. Is this normal?