Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Last Run in DC

Running with Emily = better times for me!  Her very slow is my fast.  If I was running with her on a regular basis I truly think my times would improve!
Getting ready to head out!

I guess I didn't get my fill of this during the race Sunday.

We had to find another runner to get a picture. Tourists 
were absent at this point in the day.


Monday morning there wasn't much time before I had to catch my plane.  But we did find the time to fit in one more run!  We ran to the Lincoln Memorial for a glorious morning sighting of that wonderful monument almost completely absent of tourists and then turned around for a quick run back for a bagel stop and on to Ems.
A wonderful way to start the day
 a run with your daughter on a 
beautiful morning!

Loved it!


 I threw my clothes into my suitcase with one quick change.  No time for a shower!  I ran out and grabbed a taxi and made it to the airport in plenty of time.  I hate to be late but I was willing to take a chance to get that one more run in with my daughter.




Then a quick flight to Burlington where I got picked up by my favorite son and had lunch and then took a short walk with him and my favorite dog in the world!  It wasn't even noon and I had spent some great time with both of my kids who live hundreds of miles apart!

A quick trip to DC but well worth it!  I'd love to run this race again some time. Who knows?  Maybe there would even be cherry blossoms!











10 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

That's a great skirt you wore for the race, and you look strong in the pictures. Glad you were able to fit in the last run with Emily AND still make it to the plane on time.

I'm FINALLY on spring break!!

Darlene said...

Great place to run. Love the outfit!

christa said...

Glad you had such a a great trip!

Ransick said...

Awesome you got to fit in one more run and visit with your son the same day!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

sounds like a perfect trip! Great pix as well. most everyones slow run is my fast one these days. fun.

Kandi said...

I'm jealous of your run without tourists! They are thick as thieves when I run at lunch time these days!
Glad you had a nice time with Emily and got to spend some time with Jameson and Jax when you got home. Sounds like a perfect day.

Jill said...

Your skirt is really cute and you look great in it :).

I would totally risk missing my flight to be able to run a last run with my daughter, I so get it!! So glad you got to spend some time with her!

I ran with my old much much faster running partner the other day (one I used to run with pre-foot nightmare) and he really pushed the pace ... I begged him to do this again for me, I know it really would help get out of the funky slow pace I'm stuck in.

Average Woman Runner said...

So nice that you are not too far from your babe. That action photo of you running is fab - great skirt!

Fran said...

Love your race outfit.

Glad you had such a great time in DC with Emily.

Black Knight said...

Great pictures, you look fast and focused.
Glad you had great time in Washington DC.