Friday, April 27, 2012

Back Home and It's Snowing!


Yes it is snowing. It is only spitting snow but still.  Just to torture myself I went and looked up the weather for York, Maine today and it looked gorgeous!  When I came out of swimming today (yes, I got up and was swimming by 6 a.m.) it was freezing and damp and just beginning to sleet. Yuck!  Glad I didn't plan a bike ride today!


Yesterday while still in Maine I got one more run and bike ride in.  Check out was at 11 and I was there until 10:59.  No joke!  I was running early - not early enough to see the sun rise but it was still great.  Of course I did the usual route. I am sure there are people in the neighborhood calling the police about this woman who keeps going by their houses. "Officer, she thinks she is fooling us because she goes by with different clothes on running and biking but it is the same woman.  She goes by from both directions on her bike.  Officer, please check this stalker out." But why mess with success. That route rocks and I am going to keep taking it!


When I biked I went in both directions and extended it some but did go by the lighthouse in both directions. It was glorious!! The only down side - kind of a big one - was I broke my camera. I was trying to take a photo at the lighthouse using the timer. I propped my camera on a rock (with my I phone) and was speeding around trying to get in the picture.  A HUGE tractor trailer went spinning around the lot ???? and when it went by the rock the camera fell off.  That.Was.The.End.Of.The.Camera.




But all in all I can't say enough about what a great few days I had in Maine. I loved being on my own agenda doing what I wanted. I loved all the time I wanted for biking and running. It was a wonderful vacation!

I'll end with one of my favorite vacation sights always.........when it has nothing to do with me!

15 comments:

Katie said...

oh no! poor camera. I can't believe it's snowing!

Christi said...

I am so sorry about your camera. It took great pics of your great vacation!

Jill said...

Sorry about the camera :(. No fun! And snow upon your return to Vermont is just wrong!! We can sometimes get snow until mid-May in Colorado so I'm going to just keep quiet and not say anything more about the snow!

As usual, LOVE the Maine pictures!!

Have a great weekend! :)

HappyTrails said...

As usual, it looks like you had a fun-filled, action packed getaway in a beautiful area! And milked the check-out time as long as possible because of a pre-departure run - sweet! We do that, too! :-) The bright side about the camera's demise- you get to shop for a new one!!! Bummer on the snow, and I'm with Jill - mum's the word here regarding snow!

Ewa said...

I wonder if they would charge you extra if you checked out at 11:01.

One good thing about breaking the camera, I guess, is that you can shop for a new one. There are so many new models to choose from, it gets confusing at times.

Snow, you say? Does that mean the end of New England summer? :)

Have a great weekend!

Darlene said...

At least you didn't break your iPhone!! Now you can getter a better camera at a lower price. Again...love love the Maine pics.

misszippy said...

So incredibly beautiful! Perfect spot for a run.

Can't believe you had to go back to snow. But I guess such is life in Vermont--it's still one of the most beautiful spots in the country, IMHO.

So yes, Joan is my running partner tomorrow! I am beyond excited and nervous also--I've been planning our route and hoping not to get her lost (although that might make a good story!)

Black Knight said...

Sorry for your camera. Please take another one because we want to see the pictures.
About the weather, there snow and here a warm sun; many persons already wear t-shirts.
Enjoy your workouts.

Teamarcia said...

Your vacay sounds glorious. Bummer about the camera but still what a great adventure. Love the bus pic!

Kate Geisen said...

I was telling my class today about my friend in Vermont where it was SNOWING! Crazy stuff.

I'd recommend the camera I have (Kodak PlaySport) because it's both shockproof and waterproof -- a good thing, since I've repeatedly dropped it on the ground and this past weekend dropped it into the creek after going down the waterslide -- but it doesn't have a timer. :(

christa said...

All I have to say is UGH snow, are you kidding me??

Liz said...

Sorry to hear about the camera. It tooks some great photos though - Maine looks wonderful!

Michael said...

Oh no, that really sucks about the camera. But I think snow sucks more. It's been so warm here for months it's hard to even think about snow.

Ransick said...

Great pictures once again! Sorry about the camera. Glad you had a nice time away.

Char said...

I laughed at the idea of you being a burglar sussing out houses posed as a fitness fanatic. Genius idea if I was ever to take up a new 'profession.'

Sorry about the camera though. Actually I'm really sorry because I'm quite addicted to your lovely photos.