The Champlain Bridge is getting closer to opening.
Love any ferry ride!
- My sidebar says this half marathon is the 24th. Not so much. It is the 25th. I still need to run it.
- It has to be a good race when you go on a ferry to get there.
- The weather forecast is hot and humid. That is the worst news so far.
- The course is much harder for the marathon than the half. For sure. But the half is no cake walk.
- I have done an awesome job carbo loading. And sweets loading. That helps right?
- I had a crepe and a half for lunch. One savory, one sweet. Fantastic.
- I had a dessert and a half at the pasta dinner.
- There is no coffee maker at this very nice house we are staying at. We both brought coffee but no coffee maker. Oops.
- The above is a problem.
- So far we aren't sure how to solve it.
- The house we are staying in is about 11 minutes from the race in one direction. Somehow it is about 45 minutes in the other direction. Managed to miss two chances to get on 87. Until........we were back at the cabin almost and got on when we shouldn't have and had to go 5 miles back toward Schroon Lake and then turn around to come back here. And we had coffee today. Imagine how sharp our minds will be with no coffee tomorrow.
At the Expo!
Hey our names are on here!
The jacket you get for the race. Nice change.
- It was a small Expo but I managed to get a few things including one very awesome shirt.
- Race swag included a jacket! Very fun!
The start for the half.......
Yeah these are a sign too!
Where I'm staying with Darlene!
- Off to bed! Hope I can get some sleep so I can do a decent job tomorrow! It's fun to be part of the whole running community with a common love of racing and running.