Sunday, June 8, 2014

Rye By The Sea Duathlon.......By The Numbers

First let me say I had a blast at this race.  Perhaps any race involving a bike causes me to have a good time but put it by the ocean on a gorgeous day and yes it's a blast!

These are not in order of importance.


0 - the number of pairs of running shoes I had with me
These weren't great but they certainly beat my Keens.

1 - the number of pairs of sneakers I borrowed from my friend

1 - the number of black toe nails I have from wearing shoes slightly too small

3.1 - the number of miles I ran in the first run, including two miles through the woods

3 - the number of times I had to stop and tie my shoes even when they were double knotted
Now the fun starts.

3 - the number of people who passed me on my bike after I started quite far back

30 - the number of people I passed on the bike

2 - the number of people who passed me back after I passed them on the bike


17 - the number of miles I raced on my bike
Yeah I took some extra time in transition to drink a bunch of
water. Plus it let my legs stop shaking.

Proof! This is lightning fast for me.


17.5 the M.P.H. I raced those 17 miles at
Glad to be done.  I liked going in the opposite direction. It made
it feel like you were doing something different.

3.1 - the number of miles I ran in the second run including two miles through the woods in the reverse direction

190 - the number of racers

140/190 - my place in the first run

115/190 - my place on the bike

140/190 my place in the second run  (These places include transitions so it's a little hard to know time)
IMO medals never get old.

1 - the place I got in my age group
Nubble Lighthouse - my happy place.

2 - the number of hours I spent at the beach after the race

I had such a good time at the race and during my brief visit in NH and Maine. I was glad my friend went with me.  Especially for her shoes!  Just kidding. All around fun to travel with a friend.












14 comments:

HappyTrails said...

You. Rule. :-)

Kate Geisen said...

Great job!! Especially on the bike! That was fast! So glad you could borrow a pair of shoes! I've gone out of town not planning to race and then been stuck with regular tennis shoes, but I haven't (yet) forgotten shoes. I'm sure that's coming.

Congratulations on the AG win! Such a great feeling!

Darlene said...

Congrats - sounds like a great time!

Char said...

Congratulations! Sounds like it was a great weekend - apart from not bringing your runners.

Black Knight said...

Another podium: you are the n° 1, congrats!
Glad you had great time. Beach time here too.

Amy @ Juice Boxes + Crayolas said...

Forgetting something essential like shoes is my worst race day nightmare! I constantly worry about that kind of thing before a race! Glad you were able to borrow a pair, even if they were not perfect! Awesome race--way to go!!

EB said...

Congrats! What a fun way to recap it! So sorry that you had to borrow shoes, but at least you found some that kind of worked.

Teamarcia said...

Oh wow! Awesome! Thank heavens you were able to borrow some shoes!

Liz said...

Whoop! What a great day! Congrats!

Giorgio said...

Great job on the bike! Congrats!

Johann said...

You are really awesome! Well done and congratulations! If I ever start cycling again you will be one of the reasons.

Fran said...

You're hardcore: I would have gone home if I had forgotten my shoes :)

Well done, looks like you had lots of fun.

Fran said...

You're hardcore: I would have gone home if I had forgotten my shoes :)

Well done, looks like you had lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Age Group Winner Rocks!