Friday, February 21, 2014

Maine - the Shopping Edition

Honesty in the title for those of you who want to skip it!

I always shop in Maine. That's part of the trip.  When I go alone  in April (not this year but something exciting instead) I don't shop.  I bike and run to my heart's content.  But when I go with my friends shopping is big. They don't run.  I.CANNOT.IMAGINE.  Truly.  The highlight for me was my runs. No contest. Running on the ocean beats any meal or any shopping opportunity.  Of course that's easy to say because I did all 3.  

I started out at a mall that had an Athleta store.  I love Athleta and wanted to go to one and try some things on.  Of course I couldn't drive all that way and not get anything.  I got tights and a sweatshirt. The tights are so comfortable it is unreal.  Everything I tried on was.  I did try one dress on that felt like I was wearing a nightgown.  Unfortunately it looked like I was wearing a nightgown too.  So I got just two things but those two things cost plenty.


I went to two different Nikes and only got a rain jacket for running and some fun shoelaces to which  I am slightly addicted.

I bought some fun stickers and foam thingies for a couple fun projects at school at one of those craft stores.

I hit up the Horny Toad outlet and got a great deal on dress I have been eyeing.  There was also a Lululemon outlet but I found nothing there.  It was like their sale racks, less than usual but not wildly so.
It's hard to tell but this is a very pretty light blue.

I also went to Target where I got some books and fun things for the cats.  I had a hard time getting them to pose for pictures though.

This is for scratching and playing with a ball but my cats
want to sleep on it.


Torres tries out a  new bed.

This is a little cozy hiding spot.  Rocco has been in it a few times.  

Yesterday I went to school and worked and need to go back tomorrow.  Today I'm refusing to go on my last "official" vacation day.  After I left school yesterday I decided to treat myself to another snowy owl venture and yay I saw a snowy owl in the tree where everyone has been seeing it.  I could see it quite well with my binoculars.  It was very windy but it didn't seem to bother him at all!





He's up there near the top.


8 comments:

christa said...

I like to outlet shop! You should have let me know you were coming over this way yesterday.

Teamarcia said...

I've been eyeing those tights, but in the orangey color because I already have so much blue. So you love them? Will you run in them? I can't resist.
An HT outlet? Love them too!
Hey let me know if you prefer the 6 pk. of PB cups or nut butter squeeze packs since you're my Justin's winner. : )

Darlene said...

Love outlets. Never been to Athleta and recently bought my first Lululemon shirt.

My cats love that scratching circle. And yes, they do sleep on it.

Char said...

Shopping is so much more fun when you're out of town. I rarely shop at my usual shopping mall - except for groceries. But it's a different thing if I'm interstate for a race. Often it's just gifts for the boys but occasionally I'll find something for me.

Laurie said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation.

Karen said...

Doesn't Athleta have the best things? I could spend a small fortune there! Sounds like you had a great trip, a little something for everyone :)

Giorgio said...

Love that particular blue colour of that t-shirt.
It seems that you had a good vacation! I'd like to read those books.
Enjoy the rest of this Sunday!

HappyTrails said...

You are so well rounded - you can do it all - run, ride, eat fine food, AND shop!!! You had such a fun and full trip. The kitties are reaping the benefits of your trip too! Did Mr. AJH??? :-) And you capped it off by seeing the snowy owl! Score big time!