Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Congrats, Emily!


First I want to shout out a huge Woot Woot Awesome Incredible Race to my daughter, Emily, at Sweat Once A Day.  She had the race of her life in Eugene killing her PR with a 3:08:01. She was the 21st female overall. She had a negative split and incredibly fast last 10K.  Read about it if you want. I wish I'd been there. When she called me up I couldn't believe the number she was telling me!  I fully expected her to meet her goal of 3:20 and maybe her secret goal of 3:15 but 3:08:01??? Wow!


It doesn't look too bad out......

..........but look at the car's windshield!  



I started out my week with a bike commute to work.  The only problem was it was 25 degrees when I left my house. I did learn my lesson from last week when I did this and I wore not my fingerless gloves like last time, nor my full gloves  but my gore tex super heavy super bad gloves.  They were 100% better but my fingers were still a bit cold when I got to school and I still had trouble getting my helmet off - but nothing like last time.  I did not hurry down the hill - what  a waste of a good hill - and again was glad of the uphills.  The ride home was much better although no one would use the word warm to describe it. I extended it and got in 15 miles before I was back home.

My April stats:

Running - 114.2 miles
Biking - 213 miles (about half on vacation last week)
Swimming - 15,250 yards

I had my next to my lasts swimming lesson tonight.  I know I have learned quite a bit but I still have a terrible kick. You would think I never used my legs for anything. But again I wrote down what I really needed to work on and plan to try this week.  When I finished this morning I had done my usual workout in less time once again than it used to take me so I must be "speeding up" at least a little bit.
This morning I forgot my swim cap - tonight I forgot my towel!  I managed both times but look forward to the swim workout where I forget nothing. And maybe the icing on the cake could be a better kick!

And I'll end with a few pics of Jax and company........just because.


19 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

She SMOKED it!!! WTG, Emily!

Jill said...

Awesome job to your daughter! She is amazing! Love the pics with your son's dog :).

Char said...

How do you smash your super-secret goal by that much!! I read her race report and it was amazing. Congratulations Emily.

Jax is so cuddly. I can imagine that he and Toby would have a wonderful time if they could play together.

Amy said...

Way to go, Emily!!!

Fran said...

Congratulations to Emily, that's awesome.

Oh my, oh my, how adorable is Jax. I love him, especially in the last pic.

christa said...

Way to go EM!!

Johann said...

Emily did super well! You are training really hard. You are now very tri-athlete like...:) Jax is great. He knows how to wrap everyone around his finger...toe/paw.

Kandi said...

I was SO excited to hear about Emily's Eugene race! She killed it!
You had a very good April. You reminded me that I probably should own a swim cap and I really need to practice swimming but I just haven't had the motivation to get to the pool. You impress me with all your training. You are going to do awesome at your tri!
Love the photos of Jax. He's growing so fast!

Christi said...

Congrats to Emily! That is an awesome time!

You are an animal for riding at 25 degrees. That is way below my cut off for outdoor riding. I bow to your greatness!

HappyTrails said...

Wow, Emily was a rocket! Awesome!
A couple of other observations: It is TOO cold by you - 25 degrees - youch!!! Jax is a cuddlebug - what a cutie! The kitties HAVE to be jealous! :-)

Darlene said...

Hooray Emily. I can't believe how fast she is.

Tara said...

Wow, your daughter is amazing. So fast! Congrats to her, I should pop over to her blog and let her know.

Second, holy cow, you are kicking some major booty in your swimming!!!! Good for you girl. (wish i could say the same)

Kate Geisen said...

That was an AMAZING time. I know you are incredibly proud. :) Of course, you would be anyway, but wow.

I'm so jealous of your bike miles. HEck, all your miles. And I have the same problem swimming. I swear, 95% of my swimming is arms. I barely kick at all. Of course, I barely SWIM At all, so I should really take a page from your book and practice more.

Liz said...

Wow - your mileage stats are amazing! Great running and biking! Emily did an incredible job, what a time. I am in awe of you both!

Ransick said...

Awesome job to Emily! Very cool indeed.

Cinthia said...

Awesome stats for April, especially the bike. Love the Jax pics. And so thrilling about Emily. You should be so proud. That girl has got some killer running genes.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Wow- congrats to Emily!

Black Knight said...

That is a great finishing time. She is very fast. Congrats Emily.
Great pics!

Chris Abraham said...

Hi AJH, I want to invite you on behalf of Mizuno Running to something cool but I can't find your contact info so if you'd like to reach out, please feel free to email me, Chris Abraham, at chris@social-ally.com -- thanks in advance and feel free to delete this comment after you read it :)