Saturday, January 16, 2010

Indecision- what races to choose!


It was MUCH warmer today - in the 30s and just perfect for this time of year. I ran 10 miles which is farther than I have gone in awhile. I took my usual route along the river for most of the distance. I try to appreciate my route and not take it for granted as it is quite pretty.

I am contemplating doing Half at the Hamptons in the latter part of February. I need to make up my mind as it is filling up. I am running my longer runs as if I was doing it but I am not doing any speed work, pace or tempo. So I am half heartedly preparing for the Half. It is at the beginning of my Feb. break and I would combine it with a short jaunt to Maine with friends for eating and shopping.

I am going to take some time this weekend to look at various races I want to do. Too much indecision and I hate to lose the money if I change my mind or something comes up. I have another half I am looking at in April which I will prepare for more thoroughly. I need to find a partner to sign up with me for the VCM two person relay in May. I have approached a couple of possibile relay partners. It is a lottery so there is no guarantee to get in. I also need to think about a fall marathon. I would like to do the Mt. Desert Island (although the annoying music when you open the website might deter me from it) one but would like to see my school calendar for next year first. That isn't likely to come out anytime soon so I may have to just make an uninformed decision as that is another race that is filling up particularly since it was touted in Runner's World.

Decisions decisons.....!

8 comments:

Emily said...

It's filling up??? Let's register NOW!

Suzy said...

Choosing races is one of the harder decisions runners have to make. At least it is that way for me. Have fun deciding which races you want to run!

Jocelyn said...

Flip a coin! Hahah. I had trouble decided on my next marathon...there are just so many good races out there

Molly said...

I'm at a standstill right now in my race planning, I find out in March if I made it into the NYC Marathon, so until then I can't plan any long races. Good luck!

Alicia said...

I'm in the same boat right now. I'm feverishly looking for the perfect marathon to run in the spring but I'm coming up empty handed. Good luck on your search and congrats on your 10 miles!

newrunner said...

I admire your courage to run 10 miles in the cold weather, congrats!!! I grew up in Ohio, but have been living out in northern California for about ten years. And I think 40 degrees is cold for a run :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. I have had an injury for a few weeks and am supposed to run a marathon with my husband next Sunday...it's a day by day thing so I really haven't totally decided YET! I want to but... I'm doing Boston in April so I don't want to be injured for that! I don't blame you for not wanting to lose money on a race that you might not do, it all adds up! Good luck with your choices and great job on running in your cold weather, you're tough!

phoebe said...

Wow! you are an inspiration for anyone! that is for sure. What a great day for a run today. The sun was so warm, it must have velt wonderful.