Bet you haven't seen that title before! Ha! It is certainly making it's way around Blog Land. I have been tagged five times by:
Tonia at Racing With Babes
Lisa at Chasin' Bunnies
Kandi at Kandi Land
Tales of an Ambitious Slacker
Christa from Living a Little Life
So I better get busy and do it.
Here are the rules.
I am not going to tell you 11 random things though and then answer 55 questions from all these blogs. Believe me I am not that interesting and no one would finish the post. So how about some questions from each of these posts (and I get to pick the questions) and we'll pretend it is 11 answers and not however many I do. That's the first rule I am going to break. There may be others. My apologies if you have read all this random stuff before.
1. I live 4 miles from where I grew up and teach in the town I grew up in (and in the same school.)
2. My mother also taught in the school. I had her for English.
3. My husband also went to this school. He had my mother for a teacher and claims he was her favorite student.
4. I can remember my husband (when he was my brother's older friend) telling my mother that he hated winter and I thought Ewww. Weirdo.
5. My parents died young and one thing I love is that my husband knew my parents and they knew him even if not as my future husband.
6. I always wanted to be a teacher and even though I have bad days I have never regretted that I became one.
7. I love planning lessons as much as I love teaching them.
8. Teaching is many things but it is never boring. No two days (or hours) are the same.
9. I love 8, 9 and 10 year olds. They are the best!
10. I love that those 8, 9 and 10 year olds think I am a super racer.
11. Sharing favorite books with those same kids rocks.
Hey those were all about teaching, not running. Sorry but I got into a flow.
Racing with Babe's Questions:
Do you prefer dogs, cats, or some other pet? I prefer yellow cats except for Jax!
10. If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? Ireland
11. If you were invited to a wedding reception but not the ceremony, would you be offended? It depends. If the ceremony was very private and small - family only etc. I would be fine. But if many people were invited to the wedding and I wasn't I would be offended.
12. What is the last thing you took a picture of? The above mentioned Jax.
Tortuga Runner's Questions:
13. What is your favorite TV show? Right now it is NCIS. But really - The Good Wife or Gray's Anatomy.
14. FroYo or Ice Cream? Fro Yo
15. What is your worst chaffing area on a long distance run? Above my breasts - always
16. Now for the fun stuff, forget what you are doing now, if salary wasn't an issue what would your dream job be? I like this question but I need to think about it. I am thinking working on bike tours all over the world.
17. Do you prefer sweet or salty? Sweet, I have a major sweet tooth.
18. Do you make your bed everyday? Absolutely. I could not get into it. I would make it if it wasn't made before I got in.
19. Do you think talking on the phone in the grocery store is rude? I do and I don't do it.
20. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Would you stay where you are? In reality I would stay where I am but let me dream a little of where I would go if I didn't stay here. I love love love Washington DC and might go there. I would also love to live in Maine but only on the ocean where it was fairly private. Money couldn't be an issue. There are many places I could live for awhile but I would want to return to Vermont at some point.
Here are my 11 questions. Is there anyone left to tag?
1. What tv series do you recommend?
2. What is a book you couldn't put down?
3. Serious movies or chick flicks?
4. What is a race you would recommend hands down?
5. What grade did your favorite teacher ever teach?
6. If you could live anywhere where would you live?
7. What was one of the best days of your life aside from marriage and childbirth?
8. What food could you never give up?
9. What is a place you would NEVER want to live?
10. What famous person do you admire?
Now I need to try and tag 11 people. If you have been tagged I apologize. If you don't want to do it and I tag you, no worries. Those of you who tagged me answer some of my questions in the comments please!
10 hours ago