Thursday, January 19, 2012

TTT Including why eggs at the dump are okay

1. I had lots of questions about getting eggs at the dump.  Reasonable questions for sure.  I have gotten fresh eggs from a few different places this year.  A girl in my class brings me some at times. :)  I have bought them from a teacher at school. I have bought them from a man at the recycling center/dump who has chickens and sells them.  Jeesh. Did you think they were lying on the ground and I picked them up and took them home?  I am one of the most germ phobic people I know when it comes to food. Wouldn't happen! And they are definitely the best of various fresh eggs I have gotten.  Cooked some just last night and I added broccoli, peppers, mushrooms and had veggie sausages to go with them.  Delicious!  Am I a food blogger now?

2.  I did go swimming this morning and had quite a good time.  No one there to tell me what I was doing wrong. I am not faulting the swim coach - that is why I go to lessons - but I couldn't take it every time I swim.  I tried to practice some of the stuff - probably only somewhat successfully. I was also remembering that yes I want to get better but I can go the distance. I did a test to see if my breast stroke  was as fast as my free style because then I was going to concentrate on my breast stroke. But nope!  Even though my free style is slow, it is faster than my breast stroke.

3. Alisa wanted me to post a picture of the dress I got at Athleta.  Here goes.  This is the color I got as it was on sale - in this color!

True confessions. Yes, I sent back the sweatshirt I didn't like as I mentioned in my last post.
But I also got this tunic/tee (but in blue) and leggings.  The leggings are incredibly comfortable! And yes that is me modeling the leggings.  I didn't eat lots of cake balls and pie and cheese and bread and cookies and all of that at Christmas time.  I look just great!


15 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for explaining the eggs at the dump :) haha.

I really like the dress and tunic top/tee. Very effortless chic and I am sure very comfortable!

Ewa said...

I'll be totally honest with you, I am disappointed at the dumpster eggs explanation. I was hoping that maybe someone has devised of a cool way of using dumpsters for chicken or something like that. Oh, well...

So here I am, making myself put the Athleta catalog in the recycling bin without opening it (this took a lot or will power) and here you are posting pictures of the stuff they have. Thanks for nothing. :-) I am only glad they tool our trash and recycling yesterday and I cannot pull the catalog out to browse.

Teamarcia said...

Ok I'm feeling much better about dump eggs after your explanation. Yay for Athleta loot! Love them and their customer service rocks. I wish they'd open a store here already.

Average Woman Runner said...

So glad you clarified the eggs from the dump. I was really wondering but feeling too shy to ask. Athleta is great, especially like their quality swim wear.

Char said...

Free range dump eggs? We have our own chickens, as you know and I'm sure their eggs taste better and make my cupcakes taste better.

Kandi said...

Love the dress and the tunic w/ leggings. I haven't been brave enough to try that look yet but it does look comfy.
Glad your swim went better. Hopefully your lesson won't seem so horrible this week either.

Unknown said...

i missed the original thing about eggs at the dump. now i'm intrigued...

christa said...

Wow, you look great in those leggings :)
I totally knew what you meant about eggs from the dump, what a great place to sell them. I get eggs from my goddaughter who raises her own chickens, and sells the eggs, they are so much better than store bought so much brighter yellow!!

Lily on the Road said...

LOL about the dump explanation!

Good for you to go and just chillax at the pool. Give yourself a big pat on the back for that! Work on what's in your head from your last lesson...that's what helps build confidence.

Love the new outfits...so comfy looking, I'm going to have to look that company up!

Unknown said...

bahahahha!! missed the random post so had to back to see the eggs-planation :)

The Jesse said...

I was curious about the eggs from the dump too :)

PS - I do get the WW graphs from my online WW account. When I go out I just try to estimate. Sometimes it takes me a while to research it or sometimes I'll just say that the meal used all my activity points or all my extra weekly points. The database is huge so with a little bit of searching I can usually find what I'm looking for. I def have to estimate portion sizes though and that can be tough sometimes.

Black Knight said...

Glad that your swimming improves. Don't worry about the speed, now it is important to build the endurance.

Kandi said...

I tagged you in a post on my blog. I was bored, but feel free to ignore it if you're not interested. ;)

Karen said...

LOL I *was* wondering about eggs from the dump. I don't think you are officially a food blogger until you include pics of said eggs :)

Alisa said...

Super cute dresses, thanks for posting!