Thursday, January 5, 2012

TTT Plus One




1. I have become a Shutterfly addict. Really.  First I made my husband a Vermont Life calendar for Christmas.  He has complained in recent years about the real one so I took photos all year and made him his own which featured a lot of our land, our town, our state.  Then I made Emily a Lake Placid Ironman book.  It featured photos of the days leading up to Ironman in Lake Placid and each part of the Ironman. Jameson took a lot of great action shots which made the book easier to make.  A lot of love went into  both of those projects.   I made Jameson a mug which featured his oh so cute puppy as well as a writing pad for work.
Then I decided to make myself a Racing 2011 photo book. It came today and I LOVE it!  I have already started one for 2012.  I am tempted to make myself a biking photo book but I deleted pictures and didn't document well where I took them or when. So that is next summer's project.  Then everything at Shutterfly went on sale even more after Christmas so I spent part of my vacation being Shutterfly obsessed and made myself (I love things like this so why not make them for me?) a photo book of all my trips to DC.  I just ordered that one. Then I decided to also make myself a calendar that featured running and biking photos. I kept it simple and just did 1 for each month.  I am done for now other than working on a 2012 racing book in a timely fashion.

2.  I just registered for Half at the Hamptons!  It was filling up and I am not sure why I was waiting but thankfully I didn't miss it. It is expected to be full in the next few days.  Yay for half marathons on the ocean in February!

3. It is cold.  Very cold.  The thrill of my day was wearing my mitten/gloves and flipping the top down several times without having to remove my gloves!  Love them!

4. New Years has come and gone.  The gym was very uncrowded tonight. But  the pool yesterday at 6 in the morning was crazy crowded!  Go to the gym people, go to the gym.  I share better at the gym.  Believe me no one wants to be sharing a pool lane with me!

18 comments:

Ewa said...

I love photo books. I use Kodak services I wonder how they compare with Shutterfly.
Our gym is still crowded. I'll give it one more week.

A Prelude To... said...

I'm surprised with the lack of masses at the gym this first week of 2012 as well, but I STILL haven't been swimming with my new goggles, so I'm not sure how the pool is looking. Guess I better go find out!

You calendars sound fantastic!

christa said...

I've been making my mom photo calanders for years. I usually use snapfish. I was thinking of making myself one with running photos this year, now that they are on sale...

Christi said...

Great lookin' photo books!

Amy said...

I have used both snapfish and shutterfly and they both make beautiful books. I'm just too lazy to sit down and do all the downloading and choosing lately - I've been real bad about doing stuff with my pictures the last few years...not good!

My gym hasn't been very busy either...strange!

Darlene said...

We think alike. I just made a photobook yesterday as a farewell gift for our friends. I had chosen the Hampton Half as my next half but didn't register, thank God! Maybe we can run together next fall or I can come spectate you for the June 10miler.

Kandi said...

Love the photo books. I don't think I have enough photos of me running or working out to create a book like that but I have intentions of putting together an engagement photo/wedding album later this spring.
I should really work on taking more photos and keeping them organized so I can do something like this in the future.

Unknown said...

I love making photo books-they are such great gifts too!! :)

Stay warm. SO happy you liked the DD card, coffee always makes me happy.
Cheers!!

Marlene said...

It's definitely easier to share at the gym than the pool. I haven't been able to swim this year with my cold so I'm hoping it's not too much busier when I go back.

Love the photobook idea! Those make great gifts.

Jennifer said...

I love photo books and I use Blurb. We give then all the time for gifts in our family. Looks like you have been keeping busy. Stay warm!

Char said...

I've just made a couple of calendars for people for Christmas. They were so much fun to make and even better to give.

Lindsay said...

Love them! What great gift ideas. I should take more pictures. (well, I should exercise again haha)

Kate Geisen said...

I used Blurb to make a photo book for Jeff a few years ago, too. It was an ABC book of places and things about our life together...kids, vacations, something for each letter. I loved it. I started a big one on our two-week trip out west, even did research and everything for the different parks, and then I lost it all when I had to download a new version of the software and then lost my impetus. Still want to do it, though.

Jill said...

That's a cool "scrap book" - I didn't know you could do something like that with Shutterfly! Reminds me of the days when I thought I'd get into Creative Memories. Hahahah, yeah, I should have known better!

I bet a race along the ocean is cool. Oh wait, I have one in a mere 2 weeks.....for which I am very ill-prepared. I hope the ocean inspires me some. Anyway, glad you got registered, sounds really fun!

It was 67 degrees here today...sweet!

Molly said...

those photo books are such a great idea! I'm going to do that!

The Jesse said...

I love Shutterfly {I order prints from them all the time} but I've never tried their photo books before. I've used My Publisher in the past to make photos books though and I love them. I might need to give Shutterfly a try :)

Anne said...

What great ideas :)
I actually transferred my blog to a book as a souvenir...and I gave one to each of my kids. I used blurb, it looks really authentic :)

Happy New Year ajh!!

Black Knight said...

Beautiful gifts. The photo-books are nice presents and wonderful memories.
I hate the crowded lanes, for this reason I go to swim in early morning. Later I risk to find people who "have a bath" instead of swimming!!!!