Monday, January 23, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

I was tagged by Jesse at Journey Thru Life and Amy at Juice Boxes and Crayolas with The Versatile Blogger Award.  The rules are to share 7 things about yourself.  Then to tag 15 people.  If you have been following me for awhile you may know the 7 things I am sharing but here goes.


1. I love to read.  I always have and always will find time for reading.  I must admit following, reading and commenting on blogs has cut into this time. I like to read fiction mostly although I also like biographies especially sports ones.  I love reading to kids at school and right now I am reading my all time favorite book to the kids. (Kavik the Wolf Dog by Walt Morey)

2. I am a rather shy person. I don't make small talk easily at all whereas my husband lives to make small talk with strangers.  I prefer to be around people I know for my comfort level but I do like meeting people.  I have had to come out of my shell as a teacher dealing with parents and various situations.

3.  I get upset when people complain about their parents as I feel they are lucky to still have them.

4.  Riding in a hot air balloon and bungee jumping are on my bucket list.


5.  The two places I most want to visit are Ireland and Alaska.

6.  I prefer northern climates to southern any time and have no desire to go on a tropical cruise. If I was on a cruise ship it would be headed to Alaska.

7.  Am I on 7 already?  This was easy.  I think part of the reason I like blogging is because I love to get mail.  Comments are like mail right?  I write letters every week to a few elderly people who I figure also love to get mail. When I was a young teen my father gave me a key to our mailbox at the post office and it was one of the best presents I ever got. For awhile I checked the box several times a day. One thing I liked about the present was how well my father knew me.

As far as tagging 15 people I am going to tag Darlene at My First 5K because she isn't running and it can be hard to know what to blog about when you aren't running.  But anyone else who hasn't done this an wants to, please do!

31 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

I'm with you on 1-3 and the first half of 5. Alaska would be cool, too, though. You will not catch me bungee jumping ever! Yikes!

Unknown said...

i totally agree with #3!!!!!

also, i have friends with hot air balloons. if you ever make your way to NM, might be able to hook you up for part of #4

Ewa said...

Bungee jumping??? Forget it, not for me. Now jumping off the plane, that's a different story.
Hot air balloons are a blast. I would not mind owning one. :)
And yes, comments are like getting letters, I totally agree.

Michael said...

Bungee jumping huh?? No thanks for me. I'm pretty sure I would be that one in a million where the rope breaks knowing my luck.

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

Congrats on the award. I like your list, but I'm sure there are some parents who probably shouldn't be one.

2 Slow 4 Boston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MCM Mama said...

I love Alaska. I've been twice and would happily go back again. We did a small boat cruise near Juneau for our honeymoon and it was amazing!

I hear you on the book reading. Ever since I got back in the habit of reading, I've gotten really bad about blog comments. I still read, just have a lot less time to actually comment.

Average Woman Runner said...

When you visit AK, be sure to take a layover in Seattle on your way so I can take you on a sight-seeing run!

Jill said...

I've been to Alaska and it's beautiful...and cold...and full of mosquitoes (this was in May). Ireland I've never been to but would love to one day, too! Maybe you can find a race do to do there soon! :)

Char said...

I have no desire to go on a cruise - tropical or otherwise. Sometimes the drivers run into things.

Fran said...

Reading blogs is reading too :) We definitely have this in common.

Ireland and Alaska? Well if you're in Ireland, you should hop on a plane (very cheap tickets) and visit me. Think it's about an hour flying or so :)

I prefer a colder climate too but for our Summer vacation we usually go to Italy where it's warm and we do want to take a cruise someday which probably will be one around the Mediterraen sea.

Liz said...

After Alma's comment above, I'd like to add that when you visit Ireland you should stop off in England for a run or a bike ride!

Teamarcia said...

I have 2 words for you, well kind of words: RnR Dublin!!!

Teamarcia said...

I have 2 words for you, well kind of words: RnR Dublin!!!

Kandi said...

I can be shy too. I don't like making small talk, but if I realize someone has something in common with me (like running), I can talk forever.
Have you ever seen this?! http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/09/four-levels-of-social-entrapment.html

christa said...

bungi jumping?

Christi said...

Come to Colorado and we can knock out the hot air balloon and bungie jumping together in one trip!

Jenn said...

Ireland-top of my list too! And of course the northern climates but not so much bungee jumping......I love #7.

Marlene said...

I think I would rather skydive than bungee jump or do a hot air balloon ride.

I love tropical vacations, but if I ever do a cruise, it will be Alaska!

Darlene said...

Yes on the balloon ride but nay on the bungee jumping. I would love to go to Alaska. Thanks for the tag!

Alisa said...

Bungee, really? You are a braver woman than I.

Lindsay said...

crazy w/ the bungee jumping... i am shy too! funny b/c everyone seems pretty outgoing on the blogs. as for #3 -- i wish i hadn't been such a brat when i was in high school. i am glad i came to realize it sooner rather than later so i can appreciate my parents and try to give back to them everything they gave me!

The Jesse said...

This was fun to read, I'm so glad you posted it :)

I love to read also and I'm VERY shy and my husband is very outgoing.

Ewa said...

Your Athleta comment just cost me my tea!!! This is not funny, I like tea! ;-)
You are a riot!

JenCreates098 said...

Just don't bungee jump from the hot air balloon!

I love reading about others lives...It always amazes me how much we have in common no matter where we are from...well, maybe that doesn't amaze me as much as it amazes me how easy it is to forget that people are generally good and want good things for themselves and others...

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

So with you on # 3.

Two things - First, I tagged you in my post today.

Second, I couldn't believe they killed off Kate either. But Ziva, her replacement, is awesome. You are going to love the show even more as the seasons progress.

Johann said...

Nice list! It's actually quite cool for me to already know a few things about you. Amazing how we "know" each other via the blogs. I really hope to meet you in person one day. I still have Vermont 100 on my list...

RunToTheFinish said...

i have been trying soooo hard to get better at small talk because my bosses want me to network more, but it just doesn't come that naturally to me

eiik no bungee jumping for me! but hot air balloon yes

Giorgio said...

I disagree with Bungee jumping!
Congrats on the award!

Tortuga_Runner said...

I am a reader too, but am terrible and commenting on blogs as often as I read them. I usually do it from my iPhone which make it hard to comment. Wanted to give you a heads up that I'll be tagging you in my Friday post.

Black Knight said...

Please take a lot of pics when your dream come true: bungee jumping!