1. I have ALWAYS driven a standard or a car with a manual transmission. My new car is automatic so more than once I have tried to use the clutch and shift down (seem to have no problem accelerating) to no avail. I'll get used to it and it is often quite nice. But it still feels bizarre to just turn on a car and have nothing else to do but turn the key.
2. While at the parade the other day my husband was
3. Wednesday morning I went to the gym to do a speed workout for my half marathon. This is the first week of training. I may have had the best treadmill workout I have ever had. I did much more than the workout called for and felt great. If only all workouts went like this.
4. I used to always put on my list of goals for the year to race in a new state in New England. I stopped putting it so of course this is the year I am going to do it. This weekend I am going to Rhode Island to race. I picked this race because I have never raced in Rhode Island (last New England state I need) and it looks to be a very scenic run on the ocean. It is called Up Around The Bend and is a 7 Miler.
5. This morning I was up early riding my bike because I was on an interview committee at work. I am 100% sure that there is no place that can be as good as BIKING IN VERMONT especially early on a beautiful summer morning. Biking in Vermont is the BOMB!
6. But with less than one hour of biking Garmin failed again. I looked at Garmins the other day at my local running/bike shop. I had decided I would go with the 210 after talking to the store guy, Joe, who everyone assured me was the guy with the info. I came home and read yet more reviews and decided that yes this one would work. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles and this one sounds like it has exactly what I want. It was 200, then I got 15% off for my running club membership, and then you can send the old one in for a 50 dollar rebate. I did know that now that I have had one, I really need my Garmin. I am completely anal about wanting to know the distance I have gone. I know the distance of many of my running routes but I don't know my bike routes. I will be trying out the new Garmin on Saturday. It was super easy to set up. Plus I can charge it through a USB cable which I can do in my car if necessary!
7. I spent the better part of an hour two different days sitting on Church Street in Burlington at an outside table with a good cup of coffee, a book and many people to watch. Today my son joined me for a late lunch. One day I was waiting for my bike to be fixed. Today - a good excuse to spend some time with my son!
8. Last night in the middle of the night the phone rang. That is never something you want to hear. Of course I thought of my adult children. But when I answered it was a voice I had never heard telling me they were calling for ................., someone I had never heard of. It was a business type call in the middle of the night. As annoying as it possibly could have been. I did not easily get back to sleep.
Tomorrow is Friday! Enjoy your weekend! If you are racing in any form good luck and have fun!