The last ride - I really did feel rather sad.
Thanks P for help with the post title.
First and most important:
I HAVE A NEW CAR!
This is a very big deal. I am replacing a car I bought at the end of 1999 which has less than 10,000 miles to reach 200,000 miles. I might have kept it longer but rust was becoming a significant factor.
I got yet another call from the original salesman now telling me he could make the payment I wanted work. Well, it was too late as papers were signed and this baby is mine! (at a much better rate)
Here it is!
Since it's been awhile since a new car and I have been friends all the things that many of you probably take for granted delight me. What's the temperature? Why it's right here on the dash. What is my miles per gallon? ......on the dash How many miles before I need to get gas? .........on the dash What time is it? .......on the dash (My clock was broken many years ago and was very expensive to fix so I didn't do it) It's hot in here. I guess I'll turn the air conditioner on. (also broken and didn't fix it after one or two fixes) My favorite thing is that the Ipod plays on the radio and charges as I go. I know there are so many amenities out there that I don't have but I am thrilled with what I got. Good cup holders, a comfortable seat and ride and everything else is gravy.
Cleaning Out my Old Car
1. I never throw away money even if it is only a penny.
2. But all those safety pins I carry around in case I don't get them for my racing bib are history.
3. I am in love with binder clips. (Ask my kids.) I saved every one I found and I found many.
4. I have been carrying cassette tapes around in my car forever in case I ever listen to them again. Well, since I now no longer have a tape player they are gone!
5. I did different things with pens. If they are the cheap variety they went in the garbage bag. But if they were the type I like I tested them and if they work I saved them. I can never find a pen in spite of being a geek who likes office supplies and owns many. I'll blame it on my husband.
6. That new snow brush I bought this year because I needed it so badly. Well, not really. There may have been one or two already in my car.
7. Those clothes I carry around in case I need them. Well, I really need to check out what I have as yeah they may have come in handy if I paid attention to what I had.
For now there is no eating in the car. Not sure how long that will last but it won't hurt me to eat fewer places! I did buy myself one new car present.
I already had this running shoes key chain.
I thought I needed the bike one too.
They are quite nice - both from Danforth's
I did get a very sweet ride in on Saturday before we went to pick up my car. Saturday was definitely the most perfect day weather wise we have had in quite awhile. I just rode 11 miles as we had places to go and things to do but what a wonderful 11 miles it was. I just stopped for one picture as I was going up a hill near the middle of my ride.
Happy Fourth of July
Don't forget to vote for Emily.