Thursday, March 13, 2014

Last - YES LAST - Stormy Run/Ready for Half



The weather forecast for my half isn't pretty.  It's rainy and low 40s.  I don't like rain and cold.  I can handle snow and cold no problem. I can handle rain.  But rain and cold and nowhere to shower will not be fun.  I plan to pack a towel and a bag of comfy clothes to change into as soon as possible.  I don't really know what to wear.  I am thinking capris although I haven't worn them outside in months.  I would wear a long sleeve shirt and a light jacket, probably a headband and light gloves.  No matter what I wear it won't work.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Now it's been updated to snow.  I hope that's true because then I'll know how to dress but I better take lots of choices!

I'm home because we are having our fourth snow day. Tomorrow is likely to be our fifth.  We'll be going late into June now and I have a major trip planned at the end of the month.  Oh well, I'll be ready.


My triathlon season will be a little different because of my trip. I won't be biking or swimming for two and a half weeks I am guessing.  But I am remembering that when I broke my wrist one summer I managed to get 3 tris in before the season ended. I have signed up for one in September - the Pumpkinman again which I loved last year.  I will sign up for more believe me.



I just got in my last short run before the half following our storm.  Today was our fifth snow day.  In the end I embraced the storm. What else can you do?  I love snow storms but let's not push that love snow gods!  Yesterday I offered to help my husband fill the wood buckets which I never do because I wanted to go out and play in it. Just now I went for a short run because I truly do love to run in it!

Tomorrow.........off to Maine!

8 comments:

Kandi said...

Good luck! I hope the weather cooperates for you!

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

This weather is getting OLD! Altho you've trained in it, so you should do well in your race. I'm heading to Florida in 10 days for vacation and will be running a half while there. I wonder how I'll do in the warmer temps!

Teamarcia said...

I ran a half a couple of year ago where it was 38 at the start and raining. Rain turned to windy sleet. I wore capris, half zip and ear warmer headband. While I didn't feel cold while running, I was soaked through and probably would've become hypothermic if I couldn't go indoors and change. I'd rather have snow over cold rain too. Good luck!
We're at 4 snow days here and I'm praying there will be no more.

Anonymous said...

Have fun out there!

Darlene said...

Have fun in Maine. Hope things are cleared up for your half.

Giorgio said...

Good luck!I hope weather conditions will be better soon. Beautiful pictures of your environs covered with snow. Love that tree that I can see in the first picture.

Char said...

You've had such a long snow season this year. I hope the weather cooperates and the rain stays away. And I hope you get to see some sun really soon.

EB said...

I hope you get good weather for your half or at least not rain!