Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful Post 10

Today I am thankful for my 3 (yes 3) cats. We are real cat people in our family and as you can see we like yellow cats.  We did have a very sweet tiger named Molly once but the rest have been yellow.  Two of the cats we have now were Emily's and we inherited them when she moved to DC.  My husband still asks when she is going to move to a place she can have cats but I don't believe he would really let her have them back.  They are the sweetest cats ever.  They follow us around like dogs and love to receive and give lots of affection!  If you're feeling a little down a purring cat in your lap can change your mood to a more positive one.  Our older cat is the "King Kitty" and he is the cat in charge. But he puts up with the two "young uns" quite well!  There are very few cat fights at our house.  Of course I can't write about these adorable creatures without some pictures!

If I label some of these wrong my "kids" will yell at me but some of these cats do look alike.
Jameson cozy with Rocco (named after Rocco Mediate by Emily)

Jameson showing that Rocco is a very mellow cat

Leia (named after Princes Leia to go with King Kitty) 
Shouldn't all Vermont cats be able to drive tractors?


 Rocco and Torres (named after Dana Torres by Emily) sleeping together

Leia as a kitten

Simba as a kitten (named after Simba in the Lion King 
to go with King Kitty)  Simba is the new King Kitty.
Very long and confusing story but basically
my husband calls all cats King Kitty even though
they have other names.

Our sweet Molly who was Jameson's cat

A more grown up Simba
This is when Emily was moving to DC and Simba, Torres
and Rocco are all watching her leave! Boo hoo!!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet little kitties!

Anonymous said...

Aww...the sweetness!

Ewa said...

They are totally cute.
We have two black and white siblings and we love them dearly. One of these days I'll post about them.

racing dawn said...

Love kitties! We have two that are sisters. They are fat and fluffy! They run the neighborhood. :) So fun - and I can back up that they really do lift your mood and just petting them can relieve stress!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

we have princess leia's twin sister in our house.

Patrick Mahoney said...

I grew up with cats, but my wife is allergic so we have dogs. My son Ian (5) got close to a cat for the first time last weekend. We were at the bike shop (shocking) and they had just found a little kitten out back that seemed abandoned so they took him in and now she's the shop cat. Ian played with her for a good 20 mins and loved it.

Laura said...

Soooo cute! I was never a cat person until we got our devils...I cannot imagine life without them.

Marlene said...

This post reminds me of my sister. She is such a cat lover! They have 3 at my Mom's house too. :)

They are always trying to make me get a cat too!

Johann said...

Lovely! Cats are great. I'm an animal person overall. We have three cats and four dogs plus dozens of fish.

Alisa said...

Awwwwww! I have a lot of friends parents who inherited animals when their kids moved away. It's hard in big cities to find pet friendly apts.

Char said...

They look like lovely and well loved cats. We used to have a ginger tom called Simba too - I think The Lion King was on around then.

Lindsay said...

they are cute, but this is as close as i will get! (allergies) try to resist picking up anymore, you may turn into the crazy cat lady with one more ;)

Darlene said...

Your cats are beautiful but then again I am a "cat" person too. I have 5 - only one is orange.

Jameson said...

I think top two are BOTH Simba....

ajh said...

Rocko and Simba do look just alike.

Heidi said...

Aww, cute kitties. I just have one, George, he looks like your Molly. My friend has (well had) 10 cats, but one died last week. I'm not much of a cat person, I like mine but I do prefer dogs ... but I gotta admit that her gaggle of cats are pretty cool. I love going to her house and getting lots of kitty snuggles. If one gets fickle (as cats do), another is waiting to take it's place.