Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Bit More Than Three Things Thursday

1. The students are back at school this week.  The problem is it is above 90 degrees with high humidity. I am in an upstairs classroom with southern exposure and Vermont does.not.do.air.conditioned.schools! Can you say unbearable?  The first week of school is always tiring for everyone as we get back into the routine but this week - OMG!

2. I am quite exasperated with this whole heel thing. It hurts, it doesn't hurt. It hurts when I run, it doesn't hurt when I run.  It hurts after I run, it doesn't hurt after I run. It hurts a little, it hurts a lot, it doesn't hurt at all.  I have an appt. tomorrow but I am wondering if I need to bite the bullet and take a long period of time with no running. I don't know if I can bear it or if people will be able to bear being around me. I love running and training and especially racing. I love running in all four seasons but especially in the fall.  I wrote 10 things I like in my last post and one was running without injuries. I didn't mean that was what was happening but what I would like to be happening. I know Molly totally got what I wrote and why I wrote it as unfortunately she is having her own issues right now.

3. Today I biked!  I had talked to several people at work about a ride. "Yea yea yea!" everyone said. Well I was the only one who brought my bike to work!  I was disappointed but decided to come home and just ride from here. I had a smile on my face for most of the ride (even when I saw two snakeskins) it was so great.  I knew I was headed for this wonderful shady road and that made my whole ride!  Love my bike!
4. The results are out from the 100 on 100 race.  I told in that post how we did last year. Well this year, we ran all 6 legs, didn't have to drive through any, started 30 minutes later and moved up in the standings.  (Remember it is all relative.) This year we were 98/127 teams overall.  In our division (women) 10/17!  We improved our time by about an hour! Woo Hoo! We will take all that and be thrilled!





100 on 100 results

13 comments:

Anne said...

Ugh...I really hope they can figure out what's up with your heel. Thank goodness for the bike!
You guys did great in 100 on 100...what an amazing improvement! :)

Ewa said...

We got hit by a heatwave (103F) but here everything is air conditioned. Gosh, how did you managed with all those cranky, overheated kids?
Hope your heel stops being so cranky and lets you run. Fall is so gorgeous in New England.

Patrick Mahoney said...

I didn't know you where in Vermont...awesome. I'm originally from New England (Boston). Miss it. The riding/running 'round your way must be epic...

racing dawn said...

So sorry about your heel. I hate being down with an injury. But maybe it won't get better til it's really rested... Biking is great! Hope you won't be out of those running shoes for long tho! :) Sending happy thoughts of quick healing your way...

Jill said...

Hey, I have those EXACT same symptoms with my heel - total GRRRRR! I ran 6.12 today and it felt fine (except my knee is still killing me. I swear...it's one thing or another) while running but later I could barely walk at back-to-school night, it hurt so much. I totally hear your frustrations! Hoping the doctor has the magical cure for you tomorrow!!! Big hugs!!

Julie said...

You look awesome on that bike:) The snake skins thing would of freaked me out! Last weekend on my longer run in the morning I saw a little snake moved across the trail and I freaked out! The rest of the run I was so scared that more snakes would start popping out of the grass:(

Congrats on improving at the 100 on 100 race! One hour is an awesome time improvement! Happy Friday:)

Amy said...

Sorry about the heat and the heel - I don't know what to say except I truly hope it improves soon because it must be so incredibly frustrating. Hang in there!
Great job on the 100 on 100 - you guys really improved! And thanks for the award...just got it posted!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

You had a smile on your face even when you saw two snakeskins?! Now that's big news - I know you don't like snakes! ; )

Johann said...

I feel for you and this heel problem. I really hope you can get this sorted out. Luckily you enjoy the biking. I can just imagine that classroom. Good luck with everything!

Monica said...

I know what you are going through in the classroom. In San Antonio TEXAS (growing up), we had no AC in our schools. Every classroom had a huge fan on the front wall and we would fight to get in the middle/front of the classroom...and we were not allowed to wear shorts. hot, hot, hot. Hang in there...maybe the hurricane will bring you all some cooler weather for next week.

Fran said...

Very well done on the 100 on 100. Great job!

I'm sorry to hear you still aren't painfree. My favorite time for running is fall too. Especially now: chilly in the mornings and evenings and sunshine during the day. Perfect running weather.

Katie A. said...

Argh! That stinkin' heal of yours! I hope you can figure this out soon! Racing season is apon us!

Just getting caught up, been away from blog world too long! Loved the whitewater rafting pics! Have a great weekend!

Lindsay said...

i hope the appointment helps figure something out for your heel! very frustrating. congrats on the 100/100 improvements!