Okay I'm a little late with these. I guess I better put them out there!
- Improve 5K/10K time - I will improve on my 5K and 10K times for this calendar year.
- Run in some new races- try out some races I have never done. I LOVED a lot of the new races I did in 2009. I plan to go back to many of them.
- Run in a marathon and PR - I will run in one marathon and I hope to PR. I was disappointed with my marathon last year and want to feel better about it this year.
- Race in a new state - The only NE state I haven't raced in is Rhode Island. Maybe I can get there.
- Get name in Burlington Free Press or New England Runner - This is always a thrill for me. As a non athlete for many years I still think of myself that way and to see my name on the sports page is huge!
- Race with family members- I did a lot this in 2009 and LOVED it. It will lessen as my main race partner has moved many miles away.
- Place in age group- always a thrill!
- Keep a race blog - This is a new one but it is going well right now.
- PR in a half marathon- I did 3 half marathons last year but did not PR. I want to break the 2 hour mark.
- Have one overall PR at any distance for the year - I go for new PRs each year to keep my interest in this up but would like to have one overall lifetime PR. Last year it was at 4 miles.
- Be in top half of field - This is always a goal and one I feel good about when I meet as I am usually one of the older racers. One of my favorite things to do is to watch younger, fit looking racers finish after me. It is a good self esteem builder.
- Race once a month at least - This is great for trying those new races.
- Race in 22 races overall - Last year I raced in 21. I will top it if I can.
- Pick up my speed while training
** This is it for now but I may update it as I hear of other goals that I like and would like to emulate.