Emily and I at VCM. I love this picture. (The registration director emailed
this to us. Seriously - THE.BEST.RACE.EVER)
1. This morning I got back in the pool for the first time in a month. I couldn't swim because of oral surgery. My doctor may have been being overly cautious but for the money I am putting down for this, I listened. I could tell I had lost fitness and forgotten "skills" from my lessons. Oh well, it couldn't be helped. I will work on building back up some stamina and somehow fitting in two open water swims. Yikes. I guess I need to open up that wet suit.
2. I went to the regular dentist today (as opposed to the oral surgeon) and had a tooth drilled with no novocaine. I am one tough lady! Actually it was very small and there was truly no pain. Plus in my I have used all my dental insurance state I loved not having anything unneeded.
3. Immediately after my dental appointment I went on a bike ride on a just beautiful day! I did my favorite 20 mile route. It is quite hilly - up and down and I pushed hard trying to get my pace up! I still was at 13. 5 for the whole thing. I find 16-17-18 mile paces beyond my comprehension. But I had a great ride! Great!
4. Back to my dentist. He is my NEW dentist as my OLD dentist retired. So I have met this guy just 3 times. Today he asked me if I had a pair of sneakers to go with every outfit. Apparently he has noticed my somewhat loud shoes!
5. I'm going to add some more pictures of VCM. Still thrilled over how much fun I had at that race. Tons and tons and tons of fun.
Approaching the finish at VCM! I'm pumped to get
in under 4 hours.
We rocked it!