All these flavors..........
You only have to eat ONE pint
and this is the flavor I want
waiting for me!
I have always been jealous of those of you who get to run in the Krispy Kreme 5K. It always sounded great to me. Now I can race and eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's half way! There are 3 levels of racers. The fun racer doesn't have to eat it all. The competitor does. You can also be a supporter and not even run. Well I'm not one for a fun race so Darn! I am going to have eat the whole pint! I better start training now and I don't mean for the running part.
2. My training got a little side lined with a cold. I managed to get a pace run of 6 miles and a long run of 11 miles in this weekend but Monday I stopped! I actually stopped so much I didn't go to work. I made my sub plans the night before at school so I slept in except I woke to an awful noise I thought was the smoke detector and got up to make sure the house wasn't burning down. The electricity was off - kind of and there was a god awful noise coming from something. Some things were dim but not off. Although it wasn't long before everything was off. I can't say no electricity bothered me too much as I just stayed in bed until it came back on and I made my big move to the couch!
3. I thought of one more thing to add to my semi whiny post ........what will I do when there isn't a black line to follow to know where I am going? Yikes! That is a big one!
4. At my swim lesson Tuesday night my instructor filmed me. She wanted me to see what I was doing wrong to help me do it right. I must admit my initial reaction was: "Wow! I can do that?" I thought I looked great. But that is because at one time I couldn't do free style AT.All. So.... But there is truly so much still to learn and remember. I still panic when I can't breathe soon enough. I know on an intellectual level I am not going to drown but my heart doesn't always believe it. My instructor had me out of my comfort zone many times. Now I have some drills to practice that are hard but I will give it a try.
5. My tempo run on Wednesday was TOUGH! The last time I did almost this exact workout on an early Monday morning I wrote "effortless" next to it in my log. Today it was anything but. I believe a lot of you think I am not a quitter but I came close on this workout. I may have been expecting too much. I was home sick on Monday and still felt pretty lousy yesterday. Today I felt quite good especially in comparison to the previous days but apparently I wasn't all back. I was sweating like crazy and found the fastest parts of my tempo run almost undoable. I.Was.So.Glad.When.I.Was.Done!
6.When I got home from my workout I slung bags off several arms like a pack mule. I carefully carried a carton of eggs, a full cup of coffee and flowers all to prevent two trips to the house from the car. We are talking 20 feet. Really? Does this make sense? I go to the gym and workout very hard but I can't make two trips from the car to the house?
7. I also got up an hour and fifty minutes late on Wednesday morning! I made it to work on time but nothing got done. No stretching. No coffee ( I did stop and buy some). Left a sink full of dishes which I hate! No reading the paper. No prepping dinner. No casual morning on my non swimming morning. But I have to think I really needed the extra sleep.
8. Friday I get up very very early but that is okay because I am getting up oh so very early to get on a plane and fly to DC to see my girl, do lots of catching up, eating out, running, gawking and race/run in the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler!!! No goals for this race. I am going to run as much as I possibly can ahead of it and I am going to take scads of pictures during it and I am going to have fun!!!
9. I just looked up the course of the race and it is on my very favorite running spots including part of my very own DC route!
10. Friday I go to DC!