1. A sugar house is where they make maple syrup at least around here. Many of you were curious about sugarhouses and the term was new to you. This is what I found on a sugar makers (maple syrup) web site.
When you travel to Vermont be sure to include time for visiting sugarhouses - each one is different and has its own personality. From small, traditional sugarhouses deep in the woods to large sugarhouses using equipment with the latest technology, you can watch the pride and care that goes into producing Vermont's first agricultural product of the year.
2. People also commented on my ability to remember all my races in my Race Superlatives post. Well, of course I can't remember all my races! I have to admit I have scrapbooks, not the fancy kind - just binders where I keep stats and pictures of my various races. When my kids were small I had swimming scrapbooks for them where I kept their ribbons and info from all of their swim races. Occasionally they would look up a race they were going to do to see how they did in it the year before but for the most part they couldn't have cared less. Now I make my own (because I have become an athlete) and I love it. I look things up frequently.
3. Also related to my Race Superlatives post - I now remember a boring race. I did one of the winter series races in Albany and you simply ran around the campus (not a pretty campus) twice. It was so cold I concentrated on keeping warm rather than the boring part I guess.
4. I went swimming this morning and didn't remember much from my swim lesson the other night. At one point I gave up and just swam "the old way' but then I went back to trying what I did remember. I have only had one lesson. Don't expect too much. I have only had one lesson. Don't expect too much. I have only had one lesson. Don't expect too much. I have only had one lesson. Don't expect too much. I have only had one lesson. Don't expect too much.
5. Huge annoyance! I left my house at 5:30 this morning and returned at 6:45 tonight which is a long day for me. I had parent conferences after school. I sent home a sheet asking people to give me 3 choices on the days/times I had listed. Everyone got one of the top 3, many people got their first choice. I waited around until 4:30 today before I even had a conference. That was okay though as I got stuff done I needed to do. But during the time conferences were scheduled two different sets of parents didn't show up! Really? You chose a time, I stay late for your convenience and you don't come????? I could have had the parent who came last much earlier and we both would have gotten home sooner. GRRRR!
6. Tomorrow I pick Jax up at his doggy day care to take him home. I am on the approved list for picking him up. Good way to start the weekend.
3 hours ago