Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Sweet Tooth

I have a serious sweet tooth.  Serious.  I decided to take pictures of some of the things that satisfy that craving. Most of these I eat on a fairly regular basis but there are some seasonal sweets I eat once a year.  One thing I love is Halloween pumpkins!  Yep!  I also like candy corn (not with chocolate) but I prefer the pumpkins.  The other seasonal candy I like is jelly beans.  But I only like Brachs spicy jelly beans. I don't like jelly bellies and Harry Potter beans and all the others that have flooded the market.  Most stores sell all the popular ones and it isn't easy to find the ones I like which is just fine.  I had a fairly sucky day today in some ways (after a great morning run) so I indulged myself.  I won't open them yet but it's good to know I have some when needed!


There are many things I didn't take pictures of because I eat them at least somewhat seldom.... whoopie pies and  cake (a particular favorite) to name a couple.

Here is one I eat quite often......Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.  I like most kinds but truthfully the plain vanilla ones are my favorite.  I like them really frozen, not squishy soft at all.

A new favorite thanks to Christa posting it on Facebook is Green Mountain Creamery Maple Greek Yogurt! It is awesome.  If you read the comments following her posting I think she should be getting a commission because the stores are selling out.  Then she later sugggested putting it in the freezer for 20 minutes first......even better!  I like my cold things really cold and my hot things (coffee) really hot.  When I first bought it I bought 6, three for me and three for my husband.  They disappeared quickly.  This week there are 14 new ones in our fridge.  They won't still be there when I shop next week I am sure.

The next item is also a fairly new find and probably my least favorite of all the items in this post.  But I love anything ice creamish and for now these are doing the trick.  They have a good texture and taste.

This next item satisfies my need for chocolate.  Stick it in the microwave and it is bliss!  Melting chocolate chips surrounded by chocolate! Yum! These are expensive but so far I seem to be willing to shell out the money.  I've looked for a "substitute" with no luck. The maple yogurts are also expensive but so so worth it.  

I know this last item would be cheaper if I wasn't buying single serve packages but I would eat tons then so the single servings work for me. I love yogurt covered pretzels.  My favorite are the vanilla ones but I also like other flavors.  


What can't you resist? Do you have a sweet tooth? Can you bake a batch of cookies and use restraint?  Can you bake a cake and not eat a ridiculous amount?  I have some desserts I make for company that are outstanding but I don't make them for just my husband and me. He can eat a reasonable amount and doesn't even want any some of the time.  I like to bake but I don't any more because I want my clothes to fit!



18 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Yes, I love sugar! I love chocolate, dark chocolate especially. I can't really do the low sugar things, like the Skinny Cows, but I am going to look into those yogurts. And yes, I love to freeze my yogurt. I also freeze grapes, blueberries and cantaloup. You need to get the timing right, but they taste so good. And, once a week, I go for the real thing - TJ or WHole Foods cakes. YUM!

Kristin said...

I have such a sweet tooth! In order to help with spring marathon training, I have given up sweets (except on long run days) at least through Easter. My substitute dessert is Oikos plain yoghurt mixed with 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa, and a packet of truvia, refrigerated for a couple hours so the chia seeds swell up. I eat it with some blueberries or strawberries. Healthy pudding.

justme said...

tagalong girl scout cookies yum

justme said...

yes tagalong are teh choco pb ones

Char said...

You have such different and interesting edibles over there. I was over in the States in the 90s and found the supermarkets absolutely fascinating. I think if I ever went back I could just do a tour of the supermarkets and be happy.

Amy said...

I feel the same as Char, everytime we visit the US it amazes me how many different products there are in the grocery stores.
I don't have a problem with sweets, but put a bag of chips in front of me and I can't stop eating. I really have to be very careful around those kinds of things!

Unknown said...

I don't really have a sweet tooth but I do love black jelly beans!! yuummmm

I have a salty tooth-chips/nachos/fries/pizza/burgers.
those are the things that I have a hard time resisting :)

christa said...

Ha! Last week I bought all Middlebury had and Shaw's in Williston had. I haven't even let Travis try it yet. It's soooo good!!

Darlene said...

My sweet tooth rivals yours.

Christi said...

So I am walking through the grocery store the other day and my favorite item for this time of the year is out and on sale, Starbucks Jelly beans. I quickly put them in my basket and walk to the next aisle. Then my conscience kicks in and know that if I get them I will not lose the weight that I really want to lose. I put them back and run away quickly whilst cursing the grocery store for being such crack dealers!

Jill said...

I have a serious sweet tooth, too, but have to give that stuff up because it goes directly to my waistline and directly affects my running :(. But the frozen yogurt bars I could probably swing...I will have to look for them. Hey, maybe we could do Yasso's 800s after we have one?? :)

Saw those jelly beans at the grocery store here the other day...haven't seen those black ones in years and reminded me when my grandma bought them when I was a kid. Never liked anise though, ick, but loved the memories! :)

HappyTrails said...

I think we are long lost sisters....
:-) Chocolate = #1. Love anything with chocolate chips. A big ole' oversize choclately muffin or oooey, gooey, chocolate cookies come to ming. Love ice cream. French Vanilla suits me fine. Love a 15 layer chocolate, white, or lemon cake with rasberry filling. Mmmm, how about a huge, freshly baked cinnamon roll? We have a dutch bakery just a few miles down the road that has a Black Forest Roulade to die for. Frozen yogurt works, too. Yum..... Thanks for making me drool all over the keyboard! :-) BUT, although I LOVE all those things, the only one I regularly indulge in is plain old chocolate. The others are only very occasional since I am mostly gluten free these days. Hard to find a 15 layer gluten free cake. That's ok, though. :-)

Christina said...

I love peach rings and any sour gummy candy. And chocolate cake - no icing.

Ewa said...

I don't crave sweets until I start eating them, then I can't stop. So guess what, I am avoiding sweets like a plague, except for those times when I don't. Now should we ever visit Char... I don't think I would be even trying to stop the temptation. :)
Oh, and keep me away from those chocolates filled with caramel with a hint of salt Trader Joe keeps by the cash registers. I might have to start boycotting TJ's.

Fran said...

I do have a sweet tooth but most of the time I can keep it under control.
If I bake something myself I eat definitely more of it because it's much, much better than the processed cookies and cakes. Besides I think if you make something yourself it's always healthier than when you buy it because you know what you put in it.

Teamarcia said...

I have a wicked sweet tooth and would eat frosting out of the can if I'd allow myself to do it. I'd own a bakery but I'd never fit out the door.

Black Knight said...

You and my wife could be wonderful friends with the same interests and ... the same job.

The Jesse said...

Oh yes I have a raging sweet tooth. I can control it if I avoid sweets but once I have a taste of anything then all self-control I have it gone! I love Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches too. I LOVE to bake but I eat it all when I bake so I avoid it :(