These 10 are in no particular order.
1. I have been using Brooks Adrenaline for many years and absolutely consider them an essential.
2. Another running essential is my Ipod especially when I am on the treadmill. It would be deadly without it. The Ipod allows me to get through a workout on the treadmill.
3. I love and am very dependent on my Garmin. When my last one wasn't working I missed it! I am very anal about knowing how far I have run or biked. I also like knowing my lap paces for running. (Although as you know this failed me recently.)
4. I have to have a hat due to my excessive sweating! I seem to have accumulated quite a collection and variety of hats. I love the breathable ones and the ones with a zipper pocket to put a key in. This is my Marine Corps Marathon hat that Emily got me one year. It is a real favorite.
peanut butter toast before a long run or especially before a race. That is why it didn't go as well at my 10K on Saturday! Now I know!
A fun race with my hubby
Having an outstanding time at VCM with
A race at which Emily and I won the mother/daughter
division! Woot Woot!
6. 7. 8. My family. They are essential in many ways. My husband doesn't complain about the time I spend running and racing. In fact I hear him brag about me. Although he doesn't like it when I can't do the recycling on Saturdays because I am racing! Emily and Jameson are terrific running supports, partners, encouragers, cheerleaders. I could go on and on. Running and racing with them is the BEST!
9. Health - one running essential is to be injury free and a smart runner who listens to her body.
10. Beautiful sceneryI am absolutely a runner who needs to spend time running in beautiful places. It can be at home, by the ocean, around a lake, it doesn't matter but I need to spend a large part of my time running where it is just plain pretty. I'm sure some of you will disagree with the snowy pics as being beautiful but they really work for me!
What are your top ten running essentials? Do any of these work for you?
I am thinking at some point I will have to do my top ten biking essentials!