Monday, March 8, 2010

Races Races and More Races

I LOVE RACING!


Tonight was race registration time. I have had a race in my sidebar that was  coming up that I had not officially registered for. Right now I am registered for 5 races. Yeah! A great feeling!  Here are the races. If you want the links go to my side bar.

I will run the Shamrock Shuffle in Lebanon, N.H. in two weeks. This is a 5K. I did it last year to get in a race in March and I liked it well enough to go back.  I knew no one there last year and even though I have asked many people I suspect I will race it alone again.  I made my mind up a long time ago that if I really wanted to race on a regular basis I had to be ready to....as Nike says...... Just Do It.  

The next week in March I will run the Race Vermont Spring Fling 10K.  According to the website the course will depend on the weather. If it is dry it may be a loop. I have always done it as an out and back and it would be fun to have a change.  

I am (and was) signed up for a half marathon (Middlebury Maple Run, the Sweetest Half)  in April.  It is in Middlebury which is near me. It is only the second year of this race but I heard good things about it last year and I do love half marathons.

I was also signed up for the Vermont City Marathon two person relay in May.  This was a lottery and I was thrilled to get in.  I will probably race at least one other race in May.  I have a couple I am considering. One is another half but I am not sure if I would be overdoing it.  

Last year at the 100 on 100 at  a transition with my sweet daughter 

I am racing the 100 on 100 in August. The date has changed which may be good. Last year this was so hot it was beyond belief. I loved loved loved running an all day relay with friends. We had a blast and the time flew.  A lot of the same runners are coming back.  For those of you who like relays and would like to see Vermont I highly recommend it! 

So there is my current race schedule that I am REGISTERED for!

24 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Sound like some fun races! Come down here and visit your daughter and run a race!

Julie said...

I think it is so awesome that you have signed up for so many races!! It will keep you motivated and ready to go:) I have one race in March and three in April to keep me out of trouble! Cute pictures...I think it is so special that both you and your daughter like to run. How wonderful that you can share one of the same passions:)

Velma said...

Sounds like a great plan!!

Unknown said...

I love your enthusiasm. SIgning up for the races is a great idea, it keeps you motivated and excited. I hope you finished your report cards...I did, finally :) !

Jill said...

Doesn't it feel so good to get those races registered so now you can wrap your head around them and let them control your life! Ah, I love it!!! :). Haha. I've LOVE to go to Vermont one day and no better way than via a race. One day for sure I'll be there...and I'll call ya up cuz we'll still be bloggy friends :).

Lisa said...

Looks like a busy schedule on the horizon. Exciting to have registered...gives you something to focus on.

newrunner said...

That is an impressive list of races that all sound like fun.

Steel Springs said...

That's a fun line-up! They sound like great races.

Alicia said...

You are one passionate lady! I love races, too. If the race is the reward, why not reward yourself over and over? You deserve it! :)

Johann said...

That sounds good. I like your "just do it" attitude!

Teamarcia said...

I love that you have so many races to look forward to. Make the most out of running season! You and your daughter are so beautiful together!

Suzy said...

It sounds like a good schedule! I hope you have fun running them all.

I'm in the capital district - so we can see the VT quite easily.

Marlene said...

What a great feeling having races on the calendar - looks like some good ones to look forward to!

Monica said...

whew! I'm tired just reading about all your races. Good luck and have fun!

Pining for Pinterest said...

You are one busy woman!!! It looks like we will have a lot of race reports to read. I can't wait :-) I hope you are having a great week!

Anne said...

Wow! Those sounds like such fun...I have yet to run my first race. I have decided to complete a 5K before my half in order to get a sense of the race atmosphere...and my daughter will be joining me :) Looking forward to reading the recaps!

Alisa said...

Awesome race list!

Darlene said...

Good for you. Mar 20 is tempting - a mere 3 hours away.

RobinLK said...

Wow! Great schedule... nice mix of distances. Would LOVE to run in Vermont/NH area - will one of these days. Also loving your header picture... another beautiful snow scene (and I may be a bit behind??). :-) Thanks for sharing your upcoming events with us. I've finally begun to map out the year, too.

HUGS from Orlando!

April said...

You have a great race schedule set up! Look forward to reading the race recaps!

Teamarcia said...

You can totally throw chia seeds in your salad!

Dimity and Sarah said...

I like that you put your money where your mouth (blog!) is. Especially so many races so early in the season in a snowy part of country. I admire your dedication.

Molly said...

what a great schedule!!! I was online earlier looking at marathons, I'm all psyched up, but I have to remember I need to train for it first!

Keri said...

Sounds like a busy, but good race schedule!