This picture has nothing to do with running - at least lately.
It is in Burlington on the bike path I love to bike and run on.
It was taken last week during the extreme cold.
1. Not biking can make you fall in love with running again. I am enjoying running like I haven't for quite a long time. I am still only running 4 times a week with just one swim thrown in for now. I thought about increasing the running to 5 but I think one less day a week has been good for my body.
2. I am officially training for a half even though I haven't signed up for it yet. I haven't trained since I sprained my ankle last winter and took forever to get over it. I have done a couple of speed sessions and surprisingly I am not finding them too hard. My plan also includes pace runs which I haven't done because I did a race - the mother of all pace runs, long runs and tempo. The long runs are easy at this point, I am running more than the plan calls for.
3. I am enjoying the gym especially because it has been soo soo soo cold! I don't know if the gym is crowded because of New Year's resolutions or the extreme cold. But crowded it is. My gym has plenty of treadmills though so I have had no problem getting on one.
4. The last five weeks I have done a run each week of 6 miles on the treadmill. That is HUGE for me. It makes my typical 4 mile days seem much easier. I don't think I have ever run farther than 6 on a treadmill.
5. I like training for a half at this time of year because it is not interfering with long bike rides.
6. I had another good outdoor run on Sunday. The temperature was mild and I got a very pleasant 7 miles in, one more mile than I had planned on doing when I left my house.
7. I saw the below on Facebook and loved it.