I saw this on Happy Fit Mama and loved it and decided to do my own. As she explains:
Essentially, it’s a list of all the wonderful things you’ve already done. Not the ones you WANT to do.
It isn’t supposed to be a brag or a “look at me and the special things I’ve done” list. It’s just a bit of reflection and an attempt to stay focused on the positives. Sometimes, we fall short of our own expectations, or we see others who’ve far exceeded the expectations we set for ourselves. For a second, we can forget how awesome we are.
Accomplishments are something to be proud of but they do not determine your value. A Reverse Bucket List should make you feel motivated and inspired to be the person you want to be.
So here I go:
1. I have run and biked beside the ocean multiple times.
2. I have raced in many scenic places.
3. I have been to Europe twice.
4. I live in a beautiful state and thoroughly enjoy it's beauty.
5. I have ridden my bike 100 miles.
6. I have run 5 marathons and many many half marathons.
7. I have raced in 9 triathlons which I started doing when I was 59.
8. I swam in a murky pond for one of the triathlons.
9. I have been white water rafting.
10. I have been to many pro golf tournaments.
10a. At one of the golf tournaments I had eye contact with Arnold Palmer. I stalked him for all 18 holes.
11. I grew up skiing and picked my college based on nearby ski areas.
12. I have lived in a different country. (Okay, it was Canada but that counts.)
13. I have been sky diving.
14. I got my masters in education early in life at the best time for my family and career.
15. I once received the teacher of the year in my district. (feels a little braggy, but hey, I did)
16. I began my fitness journey after having my gall bladder out. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me.
17. I raised $1415.00 for St. Jude's when I turned 53. This was the year my mother died and I ran a race in her memory and gave to a cause she believed in.
18. I have hiked up Mt. Mansfield, the tallest peak in Vermont.
19. I hiked up Pikes Peak, a far taller mountain in Colorado.
20. As a "race walker" I won some races.
21. I am a character in a book.
22. I am willing to drive a lot of miles to do a race I want, even a 5K especially if it is with a family member.
23. I hope to keep discovering a passion for things as I have for biking, running, swimming, triathlons.
I am an "older" runner who didn't start running until I was 50. I got hooked on running and racing very quickly. It's been awhile since I ran a marathon but I do several halves a year. The big news is that this is the year of the triathlon!