I'm not going to list all my goals as I tend to have a lot. Here are some of them.
- I want to ride a century again.
- I want to run in Alaska. Pie in the sky - I want to race in Alaska. This is not as odd as it sounds as I am going to Alaska this summer. (HUGE bucket list item.)
- I want to do a triathlon in a new state.
- I want to run 1000 miles and bike 2000 miles. You will see when I get to my numbers I didn't quite do this this year.
- I always like doing new races as well as doing a race a month.
- I want to add strength training and stretching back into my routine.
- I need to eat better more of the time.
I swam slightly more than 62 miles. This is A LOT for me and it happened because I couldn't do anything else for quite awhile with my sprained ankle.
I ran slightly less than 1000 miles (987). I have never been under 1000 before. But I was close and did a lot overall.
I biked 1980 miles. Woot! Woot! These were my favorite miles for sure.
So overall I had over 3000 miles that I moved my body!!!
First Run 2014
The extent of my "costume." New shwings. I also
used lock laces for the first time. Loved them.
It's always fun to win something.
I've already got one race under my belt. We always do this one and by we I mean my husband does it with me. It was about 11 degrees with some wind. Yes, it was cold. My goal was to finish under 30 as that doesn't happen as easily as it used to - at all! My miles were 9:58, 9:55 and 9:05. I guess I finally warmed up. My overall time was 29:57 (last year 29:56) Last year that seemed so slow to me. This year it didn't. But I am going to try to speed up. We'll see. There were lots of costumes and sometimes I take pictures but it was too cold. It was not fun being passed by gift wrapped boxes and giant bears! After we went to visit Jameson and Jaxon which is always good. Plus we both won random prizes. I won tickets to a hockey game. Trying to give them away. Hubby won a one hour massage which we gave to Jameson. Always fun to win. This race posts all the prizes and numbers on the wall while we are racing. There is no waiting around for random draws! Love it, love it, love it!
Thinking about what other races to sign up for. I'll do the Polar Dash I always do in early February. I'm seriously looking at a half on the ocean in March. It is good timing for me.