Thursday, November 7, 2013

Coast Day - Best Run Ever

We stopped in Florence for a fantastic meal.  I had steamed clams, mussels and garlic bread. It was beyond delicious! What a find!

We went to a state park in Cape Perpetua where I had one of the most scenic runs of my life. You can see Emily ahead of me on this switchback along cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

There are many paths. We did a very small part of them.  

The ocean was awesome in the storm. But word has it this is a good place to
watch whales. I don't know if I could have stood so much joy.......running with my daughter,
along the coast and seeing whales may have been too much.

Love this picture.

There was a "real" photographer taking pictures here probably for some
wonderful book or calendar.


I liked taking pictures showing different terrain.
Love the color mixed in with the grays of the sky and ocean.

We played in this section to take several pictures.


This one is worthy of a Runner's World Rave Run.



This tunnel is along a bike ride. I cannot imagine going through this on a bike.  No way!

We stopped to take pics of this West Coast lighthouse.


The evening ended at Voodoo Donuts. 

9 comments:

Jill said...

Wow!!! The pictures are amazing! Glad you're enjoying yourself. And no better way to top off the day than Voodoo! :)

Char said...

"I don't know if I could have stood so much joy.......running with my daughter,
along the coast and seeing whales may have been too much."

I love this!

Liz said...

I agree, the photo of Emily running is beautifully atmospheric. It looks like a professional shot.

I also like the look of the donuts...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Voodoo Donuts. VOODOO DONUTS!
Awesome! Stop with the pictures already, I so want to get back to Oregon!

Teamarcia said...

Your pics are stunning. You really should submit them to RW.

Kate Geisen said...

My gosh, what a fabulous trip, and what an amazing place to run. Every time Emily posts another run picture Oregon moves up further on my list of places to visit. So beautiful!

Black Knight said...

Fantastic header and wonderful pics. I want to run there!!!!

RunToTheFinish said...

wow those photos are just amazing and I know if you are anything like me you are thinking they don't even begin to capture how pretty it really was!

Paul said...

Great pics. Huge chunks of the west coast are awesome. (Nobody can own a bunch of it..YAY!)

Voodoo donuts....drool, slaver....8)