I copied this Pop Running Quiz from Darlene. Right now I am finding my workouts very unexciting so I love other things to blog about. I should call it Pop Workout Quiz though.
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
I like Shot Bloks but my favorite is Honey Stingers. I like everything I have tried in this line.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
I love Ten Milers although there are not many of them around here. To me they are the perfect distance. When I run a half marathon I usually die after ten miles so this distance works well for me.
My husband is driving beside me as I race in the Adirondack Distance Run. Traffic
was bad and for awhile it looked like I would beat him to the finish.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
This is tough. I love both skirts and capris. I think capris win out over skirts for the most part. I certainly wear them more often but that is partly due to the temperatures I run in.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
If I use these - I rarely do, it is Gatorade. Lately I use them more on my bike long rides than for running
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I definitely prefer cold. I love running not just in cool weather but in cold weather. I really love running when it is snowing.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
Well it used to Brooks but I seem to be becoming a Hoka fan.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
Always toast and peanut butter.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or other?
I have 1 rest day per week. But I only run 4 times a week. Right now I am running 4, bike training 2 and swimming 1. I plan to step the swimming up to 2 soon. When it is tri season I will be running 4, biking 3 and swimming 2. I can do that when I am working less and it is lighter longer.
Cross training works well for me.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
I have to have it on the treadmill. I do enjoy running with music a lot. I also listen to pod casts.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
I run because I love to race. It is also a stress reliever and I believe all that stuff about living longer and better if you exercise. But the bottom line is the racing. If I didn't race I wouldn't run.
Give this a try if you wish. I had fun thinking about all these things and what was important to me.