I ran the same thing this weekend as the last two weekends, 8 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. Nothing too spectacular about either run. This week I start training for my April half so I will begin speed work, pace runs and tempo runs again. I do none of these unless they are written on a training plan as I am basically lazy. Really! I like to do my speed workouts on the treadmill as it keeps me honest.
Hey all you Maine bloggers..........what touristy things would you recommend in Maine especially in Portland? I will be there in Feb. with a couple of girlfriends (non running :() and we are looking for things to do. We usually shop and eat out a lot but we want to expand our horizons this time. We are planning on going to the art museum in Portland and the Shipyard Brewery. But what else do we want to do? All suggestions welcome.
I had forgotten that 4 years ago I did an inauguration race this weekend. Main points
- it was freezing - well below zero and we huddled in the car until it was time to run
- I did it with my daughter
- we drove 4 hours. It was the only inauguration race around but truthfully when I signed up I mixed up Dartmouth with Durham (both college places) and didn't think it was that far
- Both Emily and I won age group prizes and came home with lots of goofy stuff
- we did a little post race shopping in Kittery at the factory outlets
- I smile as I think back so overall it was a good experience!