Thursday, February 17, 2011

TTT

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Racing this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.  The predicted weather for my half marathon this weekend is 32 degrees, sunny but windy.  Hmm. What do I wear?  I'm packing for a few days so I can only bring so many possibilities.   Last year I bundled up quite a bit for this race. I just went and read my race report from last year......33 and windy.  It told what I wore and said it was perfect so I guess I will dress similarly this year. 

One thing I read in the report in huge letters was how much I loved the Maine Coast.  Hello??? This race was in NH.  But I do love the Maine coast and maybe I just thought I would shout it out no matter where the race was.

My goals are a bit different than usual.  You've heard me say I am running it, not racing it but I would like to have a decent run.

#1 I want my heel to feel good all 13.1 miles!
#2 I want my heel to feel good all 13.1 miles!
#3 I want my heel to feel good all 13.1 miles!

Okay time to move on.

#4 I want to run 10 minute miles or better.
#5 I want to enjoy the crowd, the sun, the ocean, the whole experience!
#6 I want to feel pleasantly tired when I'm done with those race endorphins coarsing through my body!


2.  I was going to write about what I was reading and watching but I keep abandoning books.  I just picked up Storming Heaven by Kyle Mills.  Perhaps I'll stick with this one!  It started out well.  I am also reading Strides: Running Through History with an Unlikely Athlete by Benjamin Cheever which is quite interesting.
I am watching Lost. I am on Season 2.   I have seen the first three seasons before.  Maybe the first four, I am not sure but the first one is worth watching several times!

3. I went back to the gym on Wednesday but today I ran outside after work because it was 41 degrees!  It was  a heat wave. I will run outside in anything on the weekend but during the week I turn into a wimp and go to the gym.  It felt GREAT to be outside!

Of course it is a little tricky when you go to leave 
for work and one cat is on your gym bag
definitely not looking like he wants to be disturbed!

One's in the box - no problems there.





And the other one looks so relaxed and comfy you just want
to put your work stuff down and try and match
him for getting comfortable!



But no worries, I did make it to work that day and  tomorrow after work I begin vacation!!!

29 comments:

misszippy said...

Sounds like you've got the clothing all figured out. Best of luck this weekend--i hope you exceed your goals!

Loved LOST! Especially the final season--stick it out to watch that.

Jenn said...

I thought your post title said TIT so I clicked right away-ha!

Good luck with the race this weekend. Hope the wind stays down for you! A little nippy on the ocean I'm sure. Most of all I hope you have a fantastic time and your heel cooperates!!!!!

MCM Mama said...

Have a great race! Sounds like you are ready!

Christina said...

Have a great race!!!
Good luck!!

Libby Jones said...

Good luck at the half marathon! I will hope #1,#2, and #3 come true - the rest is icing on the cake.

Jennifer said...

Have a super great race. Enjoy and have fun, but it sounds like you don't need my advice for that!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty consistent weather! Good luck and have fun. Love your top 3 goals! :)

A Prelude To... said...

Have a great race this weekend. It sounds like it's going to be lovely! I love cool and sunny - my kind of weather for a race :-)

Average Woman Runner said...

Good luck this weekend!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Good luck!

Richelle said...

Good luck this weekend! You'll do great and your heel will cooperate with you!

My fiance and I got addicted to Lost last year and were able to complete all six seasons before the series finale. When we have more free time, we may watch it all over again. You're definitely right about the first season being so watchable. I feel that way about the second, too. :)

Amy said...

We loved the first two or three seasons of Lost but then got really sick of it - too many twists and turns that didn't make sense.
Good luck for your half this weekend - I'll be thinking about you!

Char said...

That's another good reason to write a blog - so you can go back and find out the best outfit to wear in specific conditions. Good luck with your race. I'll keep my fingers crossed that there is no heel pain.

HappyTrails said...

Sounds like a great plan - if it worked last year, use it again. Good luck this weekend - you enjoy races so much, as long as your heel is good, AJH will be loving it!!!

Always wondered about the cardboard boxes in the pics - the cats are hilarious with those.

Anonymous said...

Go Rock that race, and your heel WILL feel good all 13.1 miles!!!! Have fun, that course looks awesome! ;)

Johann said...

All the best! I'm sure the heel will be fine. Have a fun race and enjoy the weekend.

Fran said...

Good luck tomorrow and have fun!

I've watch episode 1 of season 1 of Lost and decided it was not my show to watch.

Christi said...

Have a great weekend and a great race!

Michael said...

Best of luck this weekend! I hope you have a great race, but sounds like it will be a cold one. Maybe you will get lucky and the weather will be a bit warmer.

Teamarcia said...

Woot for the race! Enjoy it--it sounds really beautiful.

Darlene said...

Good luck on the half! I think you will met all your goals! Perfect timing with school break

Lindsay said...

LOL well i hope you get some sort of love from the maine coast this weekend.

good luck this weekend!! sending good vibes to your heel, 13.1 miles of cooperation, you hear me heel?

Suzy said...

GL this weekend! I hope your heal cooperates and you have a wonderful time.

Kate Geisen said...

Good luck this weekend! Those old blog posts are a good reference!

We're having a heat wave here, too. A real one. Days in 60's-70's. It's like heaven! I'd rather run outside almost any time, but especially in weather like this. Glad you had some warmer weather, too.

Jill said...

AWK!!! I thought your race was next weekend...sorry! So crazy nuts this week. Ok, no heel pain. No heel problems. The heel doesn't even exist. :)

It's going to go great. Deep breathes. Go get it, AJH!!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Good luck this weekend! I'm laughing at Jenn and her thinking that your title said Tit. :)

Marlene said...

Wishing you a GREAT race this weekend! Good luck with your heel!!!

Karen said...

Have a great race! I hope you meet all your goals - most especially the top 3 ones ;)

Michelle said...

Good luck to you!!