Friday, February 25, 2011

Four Things Friday

The snowstorm I didn't run in.  This is at dusk,
my house is at the top where the lights are. Those
are my footprints in the unplowed driveway.

1. Today  I must say I felt much better.  I was actually up and dressed for the major part of the day. I cooked supper for the first time in days when my husband announced that he was going to bed as he must have what I have had.  Today I stretched, showered, dressed, ate and got some work done.  The best thing about being sick and letting the personal hygiene slide (I brushed my teeth at least) is that when you feel better and get cleaned up you feel like Miss America!  Another plus of all this - go on vacation - eat tons -everything you want - come home and get majorly sick - no worries about gaining those unwanted pounds!

2. We are getting quite a storm today and it is definitely the type I like to run in.  Because Hubby was sick I headed outside and loaded up all the wood buckets to keep the home fires burning and went and got the mail.  I must say the effort it took me to get up and down the driveway made me realize NOT running today was a very good call! But tomorrow I plan to give it a try.

3. I made some phone calls today for some appointments.  One appointment is for March 19, 2013!  Yes, I did not type that wrong - 2013.  When my dermatologist gave me the number he said it would be a year.  His nurse warned me it would be two and she was right.   I had a mole removed more than a year ago that was a pre melanoma. A plastic surgeon did the surgery and said the scar would be gone in a year. Well, not so much. It was lessened but not gone.  The problem is that the next time insurance doesn't cover it but I want to go have the consult and see how much it is and what they can do.  It is not dreadful where I gasp every time I look in the mirror.  But your face is pretty prominent except when you wear a face mask running in the cold.  We'll see.  I have LOTS of time to think about it.

4. Watching - Lost season 2.
Reading a book by Wendy Wax - total predictable chick lit - light fluff. Perfect for being sick - no deep thinking involved.

And thanks for all the nice comments.  I could certainly feel the bloggy love when I was sick!

24 comments:

Michael said...

I am so glad you are feeling better!! Great to hear. March 2013 - that is CRAZY!! Isn't there somewhere else you can go?

Ewa said...

Great you are feeling better and good call on not running, though the snow is pretty.
Thank goodness for computers. Who would remember their doctor appt in two years. This is insanity!

Pat said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Too bad your huddby has it now. I love your snowy picture! Your driveway looks pretty long. I hope you have a great run in the snow tomorrow.

Marlene said...

You are so right about that Miss America feeling! Glad you are feeling better.

Christina said...

Glad you are feeling better. :)
And 2013 ... WOW! That's quite a wait. I probably won't remember to go in then.

Maggs said...

Wow, I thought signing up for races a year in advance is crazy...

Richelle said...

Glad you are feeling better! Season 2 of Lost is so awesome!

Teamarcia said...

Glad you're feeling better! Thanks for the marathon recommendation--looks like a goodie. Well actually be in Maine this summer.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

Wow! Look at all that snow!! It's beautiful! :)

I hope you and your hubby are back to 100% quickly! :)

Running and living said...

Hm...I would try to find another plastic surgeon, 2 years is a long time!
I just started watching Lost on my bike trainer, and am hooked! Getting ready for a run on the ice..brrr!

Karen said...

2013?!?! that is crazy... I think I might try tio find someone else!

Kandi said...

It always blows my mind when dermatologists make you schedule your appointments so far in advance but 2 years seems ridiculous!

HappyTrails said...

That first clean up day after being sick is so good! However, the snow piling up....

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are up and around, it's hard to be SICK on so many levels. I can't believe you had to make an appt. for 2013. I have to see my derm every four months so that just wouldn't work!!
I hope you can get out this weekend and enjoy the beauty of your area and the fresh snow!

Fran said...

Happy to hear you're better!
Boy Andrea you still have a lot of snow over there.

Unknown said...

reading your first item made me smile. talk about being positive about your situation!!

Giorgio said...

Glad you're feeling better! I hope you'll have a great run soon.
Have a nice weekend!

Char said...

I can't believe you have to wait over 2 years for an appointment. I write all my appointments in my diary but what happens when your diary is totally inadequate? I hope you're not sick on March 19 2013.

MCM Mama said...

Glad you are feeling better!

That's quite a ways out! Do they have a cancellation list? I often get in much faster with various doctors because I have the flexibility of going in with fairly short notice.

Kate Geisen said...

Oh, your snow looks beautiful! I hope you get to run in it!

That flu diet is one of the best going as far as results, but it's sure no fun. Glad you're feeling like a person again.

Liz said...

WOW - I haven't even filled my 2012 diary yet! Glad you're feeling recovered!

Christi said...

2013 for an appointment. That is just crazy weird. I thought a month was too long a wait. I won't bitch again.

Chris K said...

I miss LOST. Alot. "We either live together, or die alone". Jack Shephard.

Anonymous said...

That's crazy about the appointment! The snow looks beautiful, I'm glad you're feeling better and can play in it!