The Biking Bits of Info for Today
1. No snakes all summer and now two days in a row? Really? A totally horrible one today - some kind of milk snake - big and yes dead but still horrible. And I had to go by it twice as I was trying to stay somewhat close to home it case it started thundering. Managed to get planned ride in with no storm in spite of black black sky.
2. Left my bike off to be tuned up (after another great personal training session with my son). The guy looked it over and gave me an estimate and I think the birth of my first child was a smaller amount. I asked him if it was worth it and he assured me it was. The frame was great and I liked the bike so there was no need to go new. But............it's a lot of money! I'm sure I will be amazed at how it runs. And I will be taking much better care of it than I have been.
3. And I caved and bought biking shorts. I am sick of my butt being so sore. I thought it would get better but it hasn't. I got the cheapest pair but truthfully I tried on several pairs and these were the most comfortable. So next time I ride I will be styling!!!
4. Plans are to do the Causeway again on Wednesday with T. She has never done it and after seeing my stunning bday ride pics she wants to try it. Wed. may just be the day to do it. I'm not getting into school much this week to get ready but gotta play while the sun shines! Right now it is my choice whether or not to be there. Soon there will be no choice!
5. I will not be biking tomorrow because the whole day will be taken up with white water rafting which I have never done! I.CAN.NOT.WAIT.
Quite awhile ago Mel Tall Mom posted about race shirts. More recently Marlene took up the challenge. So I got out my camera and decided to go for it too. I have given away far more t shirts than I currently own. I took a couple bags worth to one race alone. I have decided I am going to save ones I get that I won't wear until I have enough to take into school and give to every kid in my class who wants one. They will be big but kids don't seem to care. If given a choice I rarely get the tshirt as I have so many. But I definitely have many I like.
Short sleeve cotton shirts that I have kept - I have two favorites
This one is from Beach to Beacon before it filled up so quickly and
BEFORE I RAN! I walked it!
This is from a local race series that no longer happens-
Also walking for this one
Short sleeve tech tees - I have even given away some of these
Last years 100 on 100 shirt - LOVED that race
Hope to be doing it in two weeks!
Long sleeve tech tees -thought I had more of these
The top gray one is large and hideous
Love the bright red, loved the race!
Long sleeve cotton shirts that I have kept - some
were put away. Have many colors of the Leaf Peepers
Liked the shirt - why I did the race! Did it once with two cousins and
once with my husband! It was a great race - around Portsmouth, NH
You crossed 4 bridges - very beautiful This race no longer exists which was too bad. I won age group prizes and random - some very good ones!
So that's it for the t shirts I could find! Got to love the shirts and medals!