2. Today I ran in the morning and planned to bike after work. I got there, changed clothes, put on sunscreen, all that stuff and went to put on my shoes. I had not packed socks. I tend to keep extra running socks here and there so I started looking around. I was just about to give up when I checked my school messenger bag and there were some in there. Every time I see them in there they look rather odd to me but hey- I knew I'd need them at some point. (And I've already replaced them) It was an outstanding excellent ride in great temperatures, beautiful scenery and a decently hard effort on my part. It's made for a short evening at home but it was worth it.
- Overwhelmed the first day with all I have to do in spite of going in a lot last week.
- Seeing colleagues is always a plus. Love love love my team.
- Tired and grumpy yesterday at the realty that I have to earn a paycheck and vacation is done.
- Meetings meetings meetings today where people used 10,500 words where a mere 100 would have made the point. Frustrating when there is so much to do to waste time.
- A workshop this afternoon that was fantastic! Very concrete plans for teaching writing (Lucy Calkins - newest books) that most of us are on board with and it is very exciting. Writing is the trickiest thing for me to teach so I love that we are following a plan. My team is going to meet on a regular basis to compare notes, share ideas, and see how it is going. Whew.
I'm going to hit publish even though it is still Wednesday as I plan to be up and out of here early tomorrow - no time for the computer. One minute turns into ten.
I have no pictures to post. So maybe I'll see if I can find a sky diving one I haven't shared.