- Tuesday I rode my bike to school. A colleague drove by me but as she was approaching me she was thinking, "I wonder if that is AJH. No, it can't be, her legs are too muscular." But lo and behold as she went by IT WAS ME, MUSCULAR AJH!
- Wednesday a different colleague stopped me in the hall to tell me she had seen me pedaling home from school on Tuesday and man were my muscles in my legs ever defined!
- Soooo I may not be thin. I may not be fast. But my colleagues think I am muscular. I'll take it.
- Look at my side bar and my upcoming races. I need to be muscular because I am registered for my first duathlon in two weeks!
- I need to remember that I have a half marathon this weekend and that the duathlon has du in the title for a reason and think about my running too. I have been spending most of my planning and thinking around the bike. Monday I am going to do my first brick. I know, pathetic two weeks before the race but better now than not at all. And I have done tons of doubles, just not the bike first and not right together.
- Speaking of "du", two things are worse on a bike than while running. Having to pee is much worse. I don't know why but it is. And I get much much hungrier riding.
- Completely unrelated - one of the bad bad occupational hazards of being a teacher is lice. I have never had them but! They are rampant in the school now and the first child in my room has them. Do you know how many times she told me yesterday that her head itched? Do you know how badly my head began to itch?
- I front loaded my workouts this week. I ran Monday at the gym. Tuesday I ran in the early a.m. and then biked to school and back. Wednesday I ran in the early a.m. and then rode on the bike path in Burlington. Today I rode in the early a.m. ( I think the last time I rode a bike before work I didn't have children and my "children" are in their twenties!) Now I rest until the half.
- I'll get to my goals later. Right now it is thundering like crazy but at least the tornado warning is cancelled. Yes, tornado warning in Vermont. Nuts!
19 hours ago