When the opportunity presents itself, shopping post race is good. Here are 10 reasons why it is just fine to do so.
1. You are stimulating the economy in a new area if you have travelled to the race.
2. You worked hard. You deserve it.
3. You are in a new place and should look for merchandise unavailable where you live.
4. You worked hard. You deserve it.
5. It is great to extend that post race euphoria with some shopping euphoria.
6. You worked hard. You deserve it.
7. You don't want to get home too soon to all the chores waiting for you.
8. You worked hard. You deserve it.
9. It will be easy to talk yourself into buying some fun things because after all........
10. ......you worked hard. You deserve it.
Sooo I shopped after my race!
I love the color. It is the same soft material as the pink jacket.
Sweat Once a Day who suggested I then get it for her. If you follow her blog you know she loves pink. Perhaps it is not the only thing I got her.
I'm going to throw a little bit about running in here too. Today I ran 12 with my friend, T, and once again it was soooo cold! I am not a wuss but I have had enough with the freezing temps. I am not asking for shorts weather but in the 30s would be to die for. T took a new pic of me for my header. I thought I should make it a bit more seasonal. She is a great sport to take her gloves off in the temps we are running in.
Overall in my race yesterday I was 96/176 in the middle of the pack which is where I am apt to be. But agewise I am not in the middle of the pack so I feel just great with this!
1 day ago